Hello from S.W. Scotland

Grumpy

Hi

Newly registered, I live in the Galloway part of Dumfries & Galloway. And I'm not really all that grumpy. My partner bought a fridge magnet which says: "Some mornings I wake up grumpy, other days I let him sleep" - like the fridge magnet, it somehow stuck.

I was introduced to stalking about 10 years ago, when I lived in the south of England (the soft south?). I am deeply indebted to my good friend who still, sadly, lives in the south, for introducing me to this (mostly) rewarding activity. I must also thank "him" for introducing me to The Directory.

Since coming to Scotland I have qualified as DSC 1/trained hunter and acquired a Steyr .243 for deer. Most of my experience is with Roe and I am quite happy about that, though I would like, in due course, to take on some ground with opportunity for Red. My main interest is in sustainable management/venison and not trophy stalking and I intend to qualify for DSC 2 within the coming year.

Hi

Newly registered, I live in the Galloway part of Dumfries & Galloway. And I'm not really all that grumpy. My partner bought a fridge magnet which says: "Some mornings I wake up grumpy, other days I let him sleep" - like the fridge magnet, it somehow stuck.

I was introduced to stalking about 10 years ago, when I lived in the south of England (the soft south?). I am deeply indebted to my good friend who still, sadly, lives in the south, for introducing me to this (mostly) rewarding activity. I must also thank "him" for introducing me to The Directory.

Since coming to Scotland I have qualified as DSC 1/trained hunter and acquired a Steyr .243 for deer. Most of my experience is with Roe and I am quite happy about that, though I would like, in due course, to take on some ground with opportunity for Red. My main interest is in sustainable management/venison and not trophy stalking and I intend to qualify for DSC 2 within the coming year.

Welcome to the bear pit, Grumpy.

Was a pleasure to stalk with you last week on your home turf and, folks paying attention, I can recommend this chap as a safe and thoughtful stalker whose intentions and inclinations are exactly as printed on the introductory tin.

KevinF & Amberdog

Thanks for welcome posts. I'm only slowly finding my way around the site - and not necessarily in the proper order!

Grumpy

Welcome Grumpy

From another ex-southern now
From another ex-southern now a "asylum seeker" living in D&G so I can shoot even more deer.

ATB

Tahr

Welcome to Galloway "gods country" I hope you find some stalking, Its a we bit like hunting for hens teeth.

Barry

Hi Guys

Thanks for welcome notes. Early days yet, but we'll see what we can shake loose!

Grumpy

Back