Zimbabwe Nov2014

View attachment 49940
John's 39 inch buff shot with 300gr .375 soft nose bullets, after three and a half hard day's hunting in over 40c heat. One of eleven Dagha boys, in the Save (pronounced Sarvey) Conservancy. Our concession was 45,000 acres of the total of 750,000 acres. The big 5, including white and black rhino, which are guarded by numerous game scouts who are living in the bush and are frankly a safety hazard, were all around adding to the authenticity of the hunt. Lions emptied the skinning shed bin at our permanent tented camp one night !
One of my 4 eland bulls after negotiating around one of the many trees that the elephant had pushed over blocking the roads !
View attachment 49941Samsung2014 191.jpg

One of my 5 zebra.
View attachment 49943
One of my 7 impala in front of a baobab tree which had leopard claw marks on the back where he took his prey up into for safe keeping from hyena and lion.

Samsung2014 168.jpg
The total bag for our 12 day hunt was 1 Cape Buffalo, 20 Impala rams, ten Burchell's zebra, 9 Livingstone eland, 7 Blue wildebeest, and 1 baboon plus a few helmeted guinea fowl and natal francolin for the trackers suppers.
The EU have banned all tempory export permits of sporting firearms even going (by Kenya Airways) via Nairobi so we had to use our PH's weapons - .375 H&H, full stock 30.06, .223 and backed up with PH Paul's 416 Rigby.

Last edited:
Looks like a super hunt. Did you take your own rifles, if so did you enter through SA or direct?

I also would like to know who the outfitter was.

P

Due to EU ban /sanctions on Bob ! we could not take our own rifles even going via Nairobi. But with extra expense and time one could by flying to Jo'burg then by road to Zim.
The outfitter was one of our PHs and is now freelance mostly in Moz' but who used to be the resident PH on Msaise concession, Paul Wellom.

Entering Zim via the RSA border will see you spending a loooooong time while Mad Bob's goons take a very long time to check everything and ensure that they extract maximum dollar

Back