Thread: Beretta shotgun cheek protector

Beretta shotgun cheek protector

Hi guys, I am looking for a bit of advice regarding a problem I seem to be having lately. I have a Beretta silver pigeon 1 sporter which I had purchased new a couple of years ago, I have only used it occasionally for clay pigeon shooting but the last couple of times I have used it on DTL at my range it has left me with a sore cheek.

I am pretty sure the problem is down to me mounting the gun incorrectly as this never used to happen, I am contemplating getting a Beretta Gel cheek protector which can simply be placed on the comb where desired. The gel pad is naturally sticky and can be put on and off the gun without leaving any adhesive residue.... The gel pads come in two thicknesses 3mm and 6mm, I realise that raising the comb height should also raise the point of impact but I am not really sure which height to go for. At the moment I only use the gun occasionally which is possibly why I am mounting the gun incorrectly and why the pad would be a potential help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

It could also make the issue worse if your get a smack as the comb is to high!

It sounds like like a mount or gun fit issue see someone who knows what their talking about, could be a simple as mount the gun correctly and you don't get a whack.

Another possibility is your raising your head as you try to see the target more.