Thread: Stuck case?

Stuck case?

All of us who reload, will at some stage experience a stuck case in a die, here is a quick get out........... slack off the nuts holding the decapping pin / expander ball, upturn die & hold firm in a vise (use some packing in the jaws or jaw covers), take a twist drill & drill out the flash hole / primer pocket using a bit sized a little larger than the flash hole, but a little smaller than the primer pocket,(taking care not too pass through too deeply) then take a drill bit suitable for cutting a thread in the base of your cartridge,tap a thread in the base of your stuck case, fit a bolt with the same thread through a collar & washer & draw out with a spanner, . . .Attach image[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/stevenarthurlatham_5135ef5d/Picture014.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/stevenarthurlatham_5135ef5d/Picture014.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/stevenarthurlatham_5135ef5d/Picture014.jpg[/IMG]
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

A good tip thanks, I have ruined a die in the past trying to free a stuck case.