GPRS tracker. Best recommendation

Overlay

Hi Guys

Santa could be bringing a tracking collar to my slot under the Xmas tree this year

I had been looking at the garmin astro, and had a little play with one a couple of weeks ago

any recommendations as to the preferred model or make before the boss and the kids throw money at one.

cheers

phil

PM Widu or Wolverine on this site for the best advice these two guys have the most knowledge

Hi Philip,

I have the older Astro 220 version but will be upgrading to the newer Astro 320 next year.

A word of warning, I'm not sure where you are planning on using it but I don't think they're allowed in the UK as they operate on the wrong frequencies, I read somewhere that if you update the firmware it won't work in areas where the frequency is not permitted.

Might be worth checking or it could be an expensive gift which you can't use fully.

Great piece of kit though! :cool:

Hi!
If you look for the best tracking system, check out tracker.fi
Thats the best you will find so far, in combination with your smartphone, android and a multi-sim card, the maps and airpictures are perfect and sharing your dogs signal with the community will guarantee its recovery....
If you need any further help, just send me pm

Michael

Hi!
If you look for the best tracking system, check out tracker.fi
Thats the best you will find so far, in combination with your smartphone, android and a multi-sim card, the maps and airpictures are perfect and sharing your dogs signal with the community will guarantee its recovery....
If you need any further help, just send me pm

Michael

Thanks Wild Boar

i will send a PM over the weekend after I've had a look on the website, have had a quick look before going to work tonight, looks a decent piece of kit

regards

phil

Just a quick update....:
Got back in from tracking a boar, long chase after releasing Alba from the leash, about 2.8 km... I lost her...
Fading light, snow, rain, dense forest...:scared:
Somehow my new phone didnt connect with the collar, so I called a friend, who is also having access to see my dogs signal and mine.... (Your choice to install so...).
He guided me through the forest via phonecall, very exact descriptions through the airpictures and about 15 minutes I collected Alba back, very exhausted and a bit injured by the boar, but ok...
Reading her tracking report showed 23 minutes baying on the boar, plus all the long chases, barking all the time in different frequences...:thumb:

Back