To mix things up a little and introduce a spot of variety, a bunch of us are considering taking a few odd rough/walked-up type days here and there next season; nothing fancy, a few mates out for a relaxed day, no need for big numbers (good job too given how some of us shoot!)....just to be clear and avoid any misunderstandings: I'm not wanting to book or commit to anything right now, I'm really just wanting to see what - if anything - is available that may meet the criteria that we think we're after so that I can discuss further with my mates, but if something promising is out there that we like the sound of, that's when plans can start to get laid for 2015/16 season!
So - any suitable opportunities/contacts....?
- there will probably be around 8 of us (perhaps +/- 1 or 2 depending upon availability), that number will most likely include my son and another gun's daughter, both teenagers (will be 17 and 18 respectively by then) but both are experienced and have their own SGC's
- We're all experienced guns (ie no starters/novices)
- we have dogs (various shapes, sizes and colours....)
- we have 4x4's (ditto....)
- we have appropriate insurance
- ideally no more than 1 & 1/2 hours' drive from Ormskirk/Southport in West Lancashire
- Saturday shooting (due to work commitments)
- thinking around £80-100/gun/day?? (Not done this before, so dunno what the going rate is....treat me gently!)
PM me if you have anything that may be of interest!