Portable high seat

Overlay

Hi guys
looking to get a portable high seat

anyone use the ones below and how do you find them

1). Hercules portable high seat

2). Stalkers uk portable high seat

both look similar build and quality, any views on quality and preferred make or any others that are decent or proven

going on pictures only I am leaning towards the stalkers uk model as it has the options of height add on and free standing

cheers

phil

I have a Hercules. Not seen the other one you mention, but the Hercules is good at what it does. Lightweight and easy to erect quickly.

I've got one from reeves which is the same design as the bushwear one and many others out there, it's ok, but way more expensive than the others, and I will say this, on any of the lighter weight ones you find there is flex in the shooting rest bar, and it does my head in, that and the fact you really can only use the rest for shooting directly in front of you, not much use for sideways shots. Just my two pence worth....

Hi guys
In the end have ordered the Hercules from scott country £239.00 all in, couple of others were cheaper and on sale but non in stock ?

I went for the Hercules because it had two supports on the rifle rest, which should help stability.going to use it above a nice little valley for fallow, put it up am and use pm then take it away after

The one there originally has been wrecked twice by kids, (I've had that repaired and moved it to another area), damage was probably because I locked a sheet 50 mm mesh on the rungs top to bottom to stop access. :doh:

Live and learn something new every day me

Cheers

phil

Philip, if I'd seen this earlier, I would have lent you my Hercules so you could try one before you purchased. Good little seats - think you'll be pleased with it and sounds ideal for what you want to do.

Tom

No. I have a Hercules and have used the bushwear one a few times as well. The bushwear is quite a bit more flimsy than the Hercules.

Mike, do you think the freestanding kit for the Bushwear one will work with a Hercules? Seen this asked a few times but never seen it answered!

Mike, do you think the freestanding kit for the Bushwear one will work with a Hercules? Seen this asked a few times but never seen it answered!

Not tried it but I asked he question myself and was told that it wasn't recommended.

I have been told that the jagersport portable seat is the very best but at £409+vat so it should be!

Jagersport[/QUOTE

Hi point blank

looked at the jäger one, to be honest £'s wise it was a bit on the rich side for me, I settled on the Hercules as a middle of the road piece of kit and it fits nicely on the basket on the back of the truck.

what I have made is a steel wire crimp looped each end with a decent padlock on it, that should Slow em down a bit. . when I'm not thereabouts

atb

phil

I sat in a knobloch portable tonight not a complicated seat light and carried to tree with all my kit on my own .
made the bushwear seat look pathetic so much steadier no bar bounce at all real simple easy seat .
norma

Back