Kammo coat issues

sir-slots-alot

Hello gents.

I wanted to hear your experiences with Kammo clothing. Ok here's my issue .
I have had a couple of Kammo coats and trousers over the years and always found them to be excellent quality ( if a little on the heavy side ) .

About 16 ,months ago , I bought a new Kodiak jacket with Advantage Image pattern to replace my 12 year old Kodiak jacket that had the same pattern.
The old coat had served me well , but was looking a little shabby and tired. So it was time for a new coat , I stuck with Kammo as a tried and trusted brand.

Now the bad bit - After one wash ( not boil wash BTW) - I would estimate 80% of the colour from the pattern has gone - The jacket is now a horrible yellow colour and actually looks far older than the 12 year old coat that it replaced. Even before going in to the wash , the coat leaked and two of the press studs fell off.

Now the coat looks crap , and worse still it leaks. - I am absolutely possitive Kammo clothing used to be better than this.... Any else had issues.

Last question - I will probably need anther coat soon - Any sugestions for under £250 - must be breathable , warm and silent.

Alan

Last edited:
Now the bad bit - After one wash ( not boil wash BTW) - I would extimate 80% of the colour from the pattern has gone - The jacket is now a horrible yellow colour and actually looks far older than the 12 year old coat that it replaced.
Alan

I feel for you as I had the same issue way back in 2003/4 after the first wash within a week of purchase. I ended up giving it to a charity shop as I got nowhere with Kammo. £250 something down the U bend and I only went ouside in it once!

K

I have two Kammo coats of different types. They were bought from the original owner of the company. They are an excellent product and continue to give good service. At that time the customer service from the original owner was excellent too. If you search for other Kammo threads on here, you will find a very different story in recent years, which is rather sad.

I have one of the older models, always kept me dry but they are a bit 'boil in the bag' when you start to exert yourself.
I am sold on Sitka clothing now.
Cheers
Richard

I tried to buy some Kammo gaiters a few years back but their website wasn't working properly and was giving an error. I emailed them notifying them of the problem and never heard anything back. I went on their site again just now, first time since, out of curiosity and note that the gaiters are listed out of stock until April?! :eek: :lol:

I have a as brand new Kammo Kodiak in dark green in my wardbroad, must be 20 + years old and has a double membrane in it. Original company was Trueman Neilson and I think based in Welshpool. Original coats were brilliant, however now a pale shaddow of the originals.

Mine leaked a little the first time I wore it however we were pike fishing on LLandegffyd when a deep low went through, we had several inches of rain and had waves crashing over the boat all day in nigh on gale force conditions, it was very extreme, it went back and had another liner inserted. I don't think I have worn it more than 5 times since.

I'v got the old DPM coat when they gave a F*** now they are new owners he's a fat pig who runs it will not do any repairs or good will under the for life warranty i had !! never again will i cross the kammo door feck em

I have 2 Kammo coats that are 18 yrs old and still going strong.The new owners seem to have ran the brand into the ground. Very rare to hear anyone with positive comments.

i live in my ridge line smock for £179 its a beast of a piece of clothing

i dont wash any of my coats as i feel it gets the comfyness out of them. imo.

Wow just looked on Amazon trousers between £500 and £ 700 I dare not look at the jackets I might pass out.

Steven
Sitka isn't cheap, but i looked on Amazon and it isn't the price you found, but keep an eye on Cabelas as they often sell it on offer. Or even direct from Sitkagear.
Cheers
Richard

I have the same Kammo coat but have never washed it other than hosing it down, so I can't comment on whether it would run or not. It's now sitting in a box in the garage (with the hood), as I've moved on to other lighter coats.

I also have a pair of the gaiters in the same pattern, which I wear and wash regularly and they are still like new, so perhaps mine come from before the dive in quality?

Sad to hear a company betraying its roots :confused:

Sitka isn't cheap, but i looked on Amazon and it isn't the price you found, but keep an eye on Cabelas as they often sell it on offer. Or even direct from Sitkagear.
Cheers
Richard
Richard, encouraged by your words I have just revisited Amazon. I am particularly attracted to the Polyester long sleeve base layer at £276.00 and the Delta Deek camo gloves at £364.oo On a serious note I will check the sites you mention later when time permits. Any model of jacket and trouser which you would recommend ?

Regards
Steven

Richard, encouraged by your words I have just revisited Amazon. I am particularly attracted to the Polyester long sleeve base layer at £276.00 and the Delta Deek camo gloves at £364.oo On a serious note I will check the sites you mention later when time permits. Any model of jacket and trouser which you would recommend ?

Regards
Steven
Steve, i see you live in Devon, if you are anywhere near Cheriton Bishop one day give me a call and you can have a look at what Sitka Gear i have.
I have looked again at Amazon, something is wrong there, it's expensive but not that expensive!
Cheers
Richard

Back