SD Site Usage

User00004

I have noticed since the new set up and layout of the site that there seems to be a vast improvement on site viewers, either members or guests. Previous to the improvement to the site, there would only be 20-30 users on line at that time, the most online at any one time was about 50, now it's at 169, and that number seems to be rising daily.

Well done Admin and those behind the monitors doing all the improvments. Seems to have drawn in more members from the Stalking and Shooting communities.

TJ

Methinks that the counting Genie isn't accurate. I reckon that the Members are being double counted as guests.

Stan

Just done a quick exercise. Log out and the number of members AND guests drop by one. Log in again and.......

Stan :)

It's accurate. On my screen I can see a unique ip address against each one. If you log out and refresh members goes down by one and guests goes up by one. However, it's impossible to prove at peak times because the numbers are constantly changing, but feel free to come back at 4am and try! ;)

We currently have 6 search engines on the site indexing pages, that number fluctuates too.

Alex

Its probably Harry Pearce and his gang of Spooks keeping tabs on us...

I suspect that many a true world is said in jest.

I am also aware that certain unsavoury elements of society regularly poke their noses into various forums and blogs looking for opportunities to gather intelligence against individuals or groups. In order to further their various political agendas and criminal activities. When they find something juicy, guest activity will often increase dramatically as word spreads via their communication networks. Its always worth bearing in mind that it is not always like minded individuals or groups that read this forum any other forum to which you post. Even if its one of the closed forums that has restricted memberships.

Back