Timney trigger blade replacement

otisthedog

Does anyone have any experience in replacing the blade on a Timney 510 trigger? Have just been given one which has had the trigger blade considerably narrowed to fit the previous owner's trigger guard. I would like to replace it with the standard Timney/Remington blade (I have my spare Remmy trigger unit here). Is this possible, and if so is it an easy job?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience in replacing the blade on a Timney 510 trigger? Have just been given one which has had the trigger blade considerably narrowed to fit the previous owner's trigger guard. I would like to replace it with the standard Timney/Remington blade (I have my spare Remmy trigger unit here). Is this possible, and if so is it an easy job?

I can't see it as an easy job.
You can contact the factory but Timney thinks ill of those who disassemble their wares. I'm guessing they will call it scrap. Alternatively, you could ACCRAGLASS two thin strips of metal to each side of the trigger and shape it down to your liking once set.~Muir

Thanks Muir, kind of what I thought. It's no problem really, am just being fussy. Adding a trigger shoe would probably be the easiest 'fix' I suppose.

Back