Thread: Kimber Rifles

Kimber Rifles

Has anyone got one of these rifles? They had them on the Riflecraft stand at the Newark show and they did look well made. I was surprised when I handled the rifle though, it weighed just over 5lb which was extremely light so I am not sure how it would perform with the larger calibres.

I am looking for something in 7-08 but I am not sure wether to get a 2nd hand Sako 75 and have it rebarrelled shorter and maybe Ackley improved.

Seriously considered one myself. Fox firearms are the folks to chat with.

Unfortunately after researching further and discussing possible problems with US owners i decided to stear clear. I really liked the idea of a light forest stalking rifle but the quality control seems to be erratic - the odd lemon gets through which gets bounced between the owner, dealer and factory for extended times before eventually being re-barrelled or replaced.

Tempted but couldn't take the chance with the manufacturer being over in the US, limited dealers in the UK and scarce parts.

My advice is don't go with the AI. It is great for a varmint cal but you want nice controlled expansion on a deer rifle. I have a 7-08 with a lothar walther barrel in 19.5 inch. She is pushing a 140gr nosler bt at 2780 fps and drops fallow like lead balloons out to the 300 yds I will go out to on deer.

I understand the Forrest lodge is about to carry these so the dealer base is expanding.

There's a Sako 75 finnlite in 7mm-08 on guntrader.

Personally I'd opt for that.