who or where can I re barrel a no4 .303

Druid

I think my otherwise tidy no4 may need re barrelling. Where can you get replacements from these days? And yes budget is always an issue, no point paying more than I can replace it with.

Asked a similar question some time ago but I think I need to get sorted on this soonish.

The expensive route is Armalon. That's Peter Sarony. Oddly SMLE barrels now seem plentiful (via Terry Abrahams) and No4 barrels almost unobtainable. Sorry I can't be more help. 7.62mm No 4 barrels will however probably be fairly available.

There is a supplier here that's selling newly manufactured No 4 contoured barrels . Oddly enough, they're made by Lothar Walther . They aren't cheap and it would be a bit difficult to import from this end . Maybe contact LW and see if they're available in the UK . I do have a few Long Branch barrels in almost new condition , but unfortunately , it's very difficult to send barrels back to the UK . Sorry brother , I'd give you one if I could get it there .

AB

I have a #4 barrel some place but like AB, it's all but impossible to ship to the UK. I know I had a few Lithgow #1 barrels at one time as well but they are gone....~Muir

Give C&G Antique Firearms a call. they are in Harpenden near St albans. They do a lot of restoration work and re-barrelling work.

try fred in the range office at bisley im sure he had new 303 barrels in. not sure if there for a no 4 give him a call

The crazy thing is how, 15 years ago, there were so many barrels, stocks, parts, and entire rifles flowing into the USA from England for the No.1 and the No.4 Enfields. I bought a No1. for spare parts for $27.00, then found it to be a treasure.

The expensive route is Armalon. That's Peter Sarony. Oddly SMLE barrels now seem plentiful (via Terry Abrahams) and No4 barrels almost unobtainable. Sorry I can't be more help. 7.62mm No 4 barrels will however probably be fairly available.

I've recently had a rifle rebarrelled at Armalon and couldn't recommend more. My rifle is for stalking and has performed perfectly since. Mod and threading done too .

There is a supplier here that's selling newly manufactured No 4 contoured barrels . Oddly enough, they're made by Lothar Walther . They aren't cheap and it would be a bit difficult to import from this end . Maybe contact LW and see if they're available in the UK . I do have a few Long Branch barrels in almost new condition , but unfortunately , it's very difficult to send barrels back to the UK . Sorry brother , I'd give you one if I could get it there .

AB

Too many hoops to jump through to entertain sending components of firearms to friendly nations, 70 years ago we were busy exporting them to anybody who would fight the good fight. Them to us also.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
He may not thank Me for this but

Have you tried mckillop rifles ? Top man and ex Army too.

Ps: don't mention my name sir.

Bob,

He may not thank Me for this but

Have you tried mckillop rifles ? Top man and ex Army too.

Ps: don't mention my name sir.

Bob,

As he has already stated in post #11 that he has a Stainless No4 Blank. You are a bit behind there he who must not be named.

Back