Best Mod For Active Stalking

Best Moderator? (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters
Then that being the case , I would offer up the explanation of "Operator error", I always check my gear before use, because familiarity can and will breed contempt, any machine parts subject to the stresses & strains of initiating combustible materials such as nitro powders, will inevitably be subject to the possibility of movement / loss of torque set etc, It is very likely that the unit in question was outside the parameters of proper use. If you allowed the same lack of care to be used on the thousands of other perfectly usable units, I would expect that many more would have "Failed" in the same fashion.:cool:

My moenys on the T8's and Jet-Z mods. After a few experiences I dont trust any mod that screws together!

I have been using strippable mods for years, I now make them, never had an issue with them, they work fine, just need a bit of looking after. I have heard the same sort of comment about Alloy mods over steel, which is horses for courses. :)

I would suggest that most FAC owners with a few exceptions have little comparative experience of different moderators, unless you are/ work for a RFD, this is in part because of our firearms law, once you buy one it is a pain to change it.

In addition people lose a bit of their subjective ness once they have brought there chosen model , hence in the pole they vote for the model they own, to do other wise would be to admit they have made a mistake.

I note that there are people voting for a moderators as the best one when they are being massively over charged for the said item. Others are voting for the biggest heaviest moderator on the market neither of the models offer any advantages over other cheaper lighter better made moderators that are available. The situation is not helped by some of the top writers for gun magazines being very very friendly with some of the major importers of moderators. This makes it difficult for you to not question the objectiveness of their reviews.

If you do your research carefully, compare weight, construction, adaptability and price you will find there are may be 3 or 4 models that are far superior to the rest and which is best depends on what characteristics you value most in a moderator.

ATB

Tahr

I use the same PES for both of my rifles having it bored out to accomodate my .270. When I had this done there appeared no discernable increase in noise for the .243. My reason for a PES, I saw a friends T8 rot away although cleaned all the time and decided this was not a good indicator of quality.

John.

I have had a T8 on my 6.5x55 Sako for the last seven years. I've put at least 2000 rounds through it at paper, Fallow,Muntjac and Charlie. Never, ever cleaned or done anything to it and it is still good as gold, although heavy. I also have an Aurora titanium mod made by Lawrence Precision on a 6.5x47L. It is featherlight, beautifully made and I sit and cuddle it when it is not in use. It is truely fabby, if a tad expensive. That said, I will but another for my .223. and expect to have them forever. The rifles may change but not the mods.

I have had a T8 mod on my .243 for about 12 years now:Dbut after years of me now not looking after it,its ******:cry: a few specks of blood not cleaned of after use its turned it into a tea bag,it still works but ive had a varition done now so i dont now if i should replace it with another T8 or one of those stainless jobs.I think the T8 has served me well.:lol:

I wouldnt get a wildcat tbh... I once had one blow up next to me... we found one of the baffles 80m away :S

Sam

I spoke to a member of the guntrade recently & they told me that in the early days of the wildcat P8, a customer brought one in to be examined, it was defective to such an extent that all the P8's on the market would have had to have been recalled. Naturally this was returned to the manufacturer, but mysteriously, it didn't arrive.:fib:

Back