Thread: Howa 1500 stock

Howa 1500 stock

In the market for a new stock for my Howa 1500 short action, fell out with the houge stock ( squeaking when wet ) any ideas ??

Google "redhawk rifles" and have a look at the Bell and Carlson stocks. Redhawk were the cheapest I could find and they ship direct from the States within a couple of weeks with no hidden charges or taxes.

What barrell contour. I am awaiting delivery of a new rifle with a heavy barrell that will be going in a bell and carlson from redhawk. A good buy still saving a fair amount with taxes and postage

I have one of the same - from being a bit suspicious at first I have come to like it - the squeaky newness will go in time and although like many synthetic stocks it is a bit flexible this doesn't ever seem to have been a problem and the barrel never touches the forend.

Having said that my Howa is pretty much a tool and although only five years old is pretty battle scarred - but it has shot hundreds of deer. If you want something that's a bit more presentable then I guess a laminated (or WHY) stock might be a step up?

I think since this rifle is essentially a Wetherby Vanguard it should be pretty easy to get something "drop-in" stateside?

Yes I was going to buy 1500 with the Hogue, didn't like it so went with the B and C

Excellent stocks, great man to deal with, buy European?

Body's do R hand laminated thumb hole stocks for $99 (after import etc about 130). Have one for my Howa and Tikka.

They are an adequate stock as they come but with a bit of work (bedding) can be very good. Cheek weld with the thumb hole isn't everyone's cuppa tea.

I have a Boyds thumbhole stock on a Howa, just not the Howa I bought it for! I have gone back to the Hogue stock as it is lighter, and less bulky than the Boyds ,and as I don't use a bipod except on the range any flexibility is a non issue. the thumbhole stock has moved from my .308 sporter barrel to my .308 varmint barrelled action, and as a prone target stock it is very good.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."