Thread: Zip up type wellies

Zip up type wellies

Hi looking for a good pair of zip up type wellies for dog walking and training etc
    Any recommendations and best price etc
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Just got a pair of hunter balmoral zip ups for Xmas I stipulated not le chems and hunters were cheaper.

The new harkila forester 5mm are more than worth a look.
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Seeland wellies, good value great grip and last pretty well.

Hunter ones on offer at John Norris website.

+1 new harkila forester 5mm

Ur just as well with a pair of 50 quid nora's/dunlop suretreads or 80 quid muck boots. I wear wellies every day this time of year (well prob 8 months of the year) and there as good as anything, got 2 years out of my last nora's

The hunter ones are rubbish my dads went throu 2 pairs in 18month and just went back on to the nora's. And says he actually prefers them, anything with neoprene is a ba****d to get off if not zipped.

If ur going to spend that sort of cash i'd be getting a leather pair either walking/hunting boot or dubarry type/cheap copy

Hi Having had the posh neo jobbys for many seasons now I wouldn't go back to Hunters if you paid me, however all zip ups suffer one weak spot and that is the zip itself especially the lower 6" they must be kept clean and lubed or you very soon find the zip is bu@@ered.
    No doubt peeps will now post that they have had theirs for 5 years and never bothered to service the zips, as a previous poster said, mine are worn almost every day and I can assure you the zips will play up in time. Apart from that I am more than happy with them.

Atb WB

+1 on willowbanks comments.

A weekly wash out of the zip with a toothbrush and then use candle wax as lube works well.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.