Squashed case

Herbi1969

happy hols everyone,
I was out this morning trying to get a munty for New Years, I thought I'd give my new 22.250 barrel an outing on my M03. Using Partisan ammo, I loaded the mag and found the bolt a little stiff!
After few hours no munty so decided to call it quits.
Unloaded and saw this!
Afterwards I loaded a round into the barrel directly and she closed fine and I also loaded and ejected 4 rounds fine!
So any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 89
A lump of stuff in the chamber?

Makes me want to weep.

My bet is that the cartridge was like that before it was chambered. Anything in the chamber that could crush a shoulder like that would not allow full chambering, and probably prohibit extraction without the help of a hammer. No galling around the indentation, either.~Muir

with Muir on this one , just cant see any witness marks to show chamber was at fault , but could have been damaged in mag to fail to feed then forcing a twin load ,meaning the next round was pushed under /into this round . was't there so could give a defo on this one.

Makes me want to weep.

My bet is that the cartridge was like that before it was chambered. Anything in the chamber that could crush a shoulder like that would not allow full chambering, and probably prohibit extraction without the help of a hammer. No galling around the indentation, either.~Muir

Yep, I'd agree. The lack of witness marks is a pretty clear indication that the chamber's not at fault. My bet is the case was already damaged, too. Did you experience any feed issues prior to this?

Makes me want to weep.

Correct.

There is no way you caused this damage chambering the round. If you had fired it, it would likely have fired formed the case and you wouldn't have noticed.

Someone will no doubt suggest this would have cause the famous Blaser explosion.

permission to pull my self together :cry:

as the picture say's a thousand words :popcorn: as for myself i would have just shot it :rofl:

We'll run out of tissues shortly at this rate: for Heaven's sake pull yourselves together - there's really no need for all these tears!

Makes me want to weep.

:thumb:

Thank you guys for all, yes all, your comments.
After I extracted the unspent round, I feed in another directly into the chamber and it fed perfectly as did the following 4 rounds, so it
must be , as some of you, have surmised, been at fault round in the first place.
I shall now check each round before loading!
;)

Back