Instruction manual for S & B 6x42 scope wanted...

AndrewS

Hello

I've just bought a second-hand S&B (German) 6x42 scope, and there was no instruction manual in the box. Does anyone have one they could send me a copy of? If so, pm me for an e-mail address.

TIA

Andrew

Steve

I guess that's a good point - is there anything in it I really need to know? One thing - how many clicks to centre the reticle (on my Swarowski scopes you wind the adjusters to one extreme then back a certain number of clicks).

Andrew

A case of just wind fully from one end t' other & divide by two!:D... the only other stuff is what graduations are your clicks? 1/4 ' whatever etc; nothing else to know?:cool:

According to my S&B 6x42 booklet one click will move the POI 10mm at 100metres or 2/5ths of an inch at 100 yards. The adjustment range is 210 cm @ 100metres, so you have 210 clicks of both vertical and horizontal adjustment across the range. If you take the turret caps off you will see a small window which shows where the reticle is in relation to the tube centre - depending on how old your scope is, it may be a simple black dot under a perspex(?) window. My most recent S&B purchase has a very natty coloured affair.

TBH there isn't much else to read, but if you want a copy PM me your email address

Oh if you only want to centre the reticle then place the objective end down on a mirror and look down through the scope and you will see a ghost of the reticle. Now just align the two using the adjusters ................................... Simples!

Back