Rainex on Scope and Binos

sh1kar

Although factory lens coatings and butler creeks on scopes do a good job, on a really cr4p day on the hill the lenses inevitably get wet on scope and binos, I always carry a square of chamois to give the occasional wipe but wondered whether Rainex might be used Works perfectly on car windscreen

Thoughts?? will it damage the lens coating etc

D

Been using it for around a year now, on a D760, S&B and several Nightforces. I've had no adverse effects, the external misting up with NV drives me nuts.

Been using Rainex for donkey yonks probably about 20+ years never had any problems with my scopes or binos
A must have in my opinion for wet and also very cold days stops the glass from fogging and the water just beads and runs off

Bob

Bob, eric, freshface,

Im quite interested in this!
What rainx product do you use?
is it this one?
rainx.JPG

Atb,
Joe

Cheers, gonna order some now! i seem to have a lot of fogging problems on my current scope. don't recall ever having it before.

Joe

I've got some of their anti fog stuff. Not sure whether to use it or not as it says don't use on plastics, painted, treated or coated surfaces.
Mi don't fancy taking any coatings off my S+B scopes

I've got some of their anti fog stuff. Not sure whether to use it or not as it says don't use on plastics, painted, treated or coated surfaces.
Mi don't fancy taking any coatings off my S+B scopes

243 Varmint, I've used this exact one it comes in a black bottle rather than the yellow one above. They both state not to be used on plastics etc, I've had no issues and have used it on all the items I stated above.
To be honest I feel uneasy about recommending this in case there any issues, but can only say as I've found. As obviously the manufacturers have had an issue with something they have tested on?
HTH

243 Varmint, I've used this exact one it comes in a black bottle rather than the yellow one above. They both state not to be used on plastics etc, I've had no issues and have used it on all the items I stated above.
To be honest I feel uneasy about recommending this in case there any issues, but can only say as I've found. As obviously the manufacturers have had an issue with something they have tested on?
HTH

thanks for your honesty mate.
Does it actually stop the build up of condensation on the glass?
Jon

You can get an anti-fog chemical from your optometrist for eyeglasses, which is safe for all the coatings.

rain-x is great on windscreens until you use the wipers a lot then it gradually smears and the whole bloody needs re-doing
I stopped using it and just got some decent wipers

surely the droplets that form with Rain-x are as bad as any water when on the lens?

Back