Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so called mate

so called mate

today i had a big decision to make
    a friend of mine who i take out stalking a lot on my ground has had several dealings with the farmer and his family where i stalk and do the vermin control, so when the farmers son asked him if he would take him out lamping my mate's reply was 'of course as i do a lot of lamping and stalking and i would only be to happy to take you' or words to that effect
    so following a phone call to my mate to invite him stalking this was what he told me
    so a few choice words to my mate, to put him in the picture,and some prompt action now required as this could turn ugly if the family find out that my mate can't take their lad out because of me
    i also can't fall out with my mate either as that would also ruin relations between myself and the farmer and also my mate
    my mate only offerd i think just to keep in with the farmer so his dealings with him did not falter , but what a problem this may cause , so today i hav offered to teach the farmers son about shooting and stalking and hav a lot less dealings with this so called mate
    i hope he thinks his actions are worth it as he will get no more stalking or lamping vermin off me

Stone mate your friend is a complete arsehole! The thing is you may loose the ground to the farmer's son anyway once he is old enough to go stalking alone, the seed has been well and truly planted. Your fair weathered friend has Royally buggered you up and knows it too! Haven't you told him to keep his nose out before?

hi stone,hes no friend of yours if he can pull a stunt like that mate.thats well below the belt.

Hmm been here before. Stone although we have yet to meet in person I am sorry to hear that you have been taken for a ride. I have had people go behind my back in the past, and now I am ultra careful about who I mix and deal with.

I would have a long word with the farmer, but as Mr B has alreday pointed son x rifle x deer = lost ground.

I had some Fallow stalking locally about 2 years back. Rent 1 a year for 300 acres. Sheep farmer became estate manager bought a 22 and shotgun then 243 rifle. Farm manager x 243 x deer = lost ground. I could see it coming a mile away, but in this case could do nothing, mind you its shot out now, so he is as popular as a fart in a space suit with the local surrounding estates.

Keep your ground mate, tell your so called good friend to find a hole to jump in

and when you find him a hole to jump in sit someone big on top of it so he never gets out .can you think of anyone

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc
    Keep your ground mate, tell your so called good friend to find a hole to jump in
    Either that mate, or me and the boys can go round and pay him a visit
    You know, just a friendly, keep the f*** of my ground you low life
    b******, sorry, just reminds me of past experiences.

now thats not very nice tika
    i know steyr243 is getting a bit of middle age spread

Whats wrong with a bit of middle age spread i ask Its my winter coat ive got on stone thats all. Im a real stud muffin under my clothes really..... Anyway id sit on the ba##ard for you no problem
    I had pretty much done the same to me on some ground in bedfordshire 10 years ago & it stinks when it happens.
    You try & help some folk out & all they do is sh#t on ya.
    Well stone mate i would give him a good piece of my mind if it was me.
    With mates like that who needs enemies

Don't ya just love when life jumps up and bites you in the arse. Stone it is a bugger mate the best thing you can do is just what you are, be as nice as you can about, be firm enough to make your point and remember, it's a big wheel that don't go round twice!

If that don't work you can always fall back to the fat friends offer

At first I read the post and thought this sounds so familiar, my girlfriends brother has a little shooting on a couple of local farms.
    I originally went there with the brother and his mate, said mate was working at the farm doing small jobs and they started a small shoot, put a few birds down, and all shared costs, we had some great days then the "mate" decided to cut out her indoors brother and try to sell days greedy sh*t
    However this "mate* turns out to be a real pratt beat up his partner, lost his guns fell ot with farmer then moved on to the other farm where our boy has his rimmy FAC land wheedled his way in there with the farmer and intimidated her brother and he won't go there now so I am trying to sort him out with my neighbour who has a lot of bunnies on their land.
    And who I helped pull his stuck cattle trailer out of the mire behind our place tonight so should be a done deal now...
    There are some kin great holes from the tractor wheels Stone fit a couple of "mates" in nicely they can keep each other company lots