Bretton Gaucher G12 Phantom - issues!

Zeissman

Hi all,

I've recently bought one of these for quiet squirrel bashing. Interesting fully moderated little gun which has been cerakoted. I have a few issues with it. Has anyone got one in good working order? If so, I would love some advice or even pictures of the underside of the bolt and also the main spring that drives the firing pin. Mine has been tinkered with and I'm trying to work out if a series of problems stem from either a reworking of the bolt shroud or whether it's a wrong spring that's been inserted.

Any help greatly appreciated.

All best,

Z.

cracking gun I sold mine and regret it, really quiet and effective gun, hope you get sorted

edd

Hi,

I've uploaded some photos taken when I had one of these neat little guns. Some photos of the bolt are included in the set.

I do recall having a problem with the bolt when I first had the gun, but unfortunately I can't recall how I managed to fix it. :oops:

Best of luck!

Mr. G.

Hi,

I've uploaded some photos taken when I had one of these neat little guns. Some photos of the bolt are included in the set.

I do recall having a problem with the bolt when I first had the gun, but unfortunately I can't recall how I managed to fix it. :oops:

Best of luck!

Mr. G.

Mr G.

This was hugely helpful, thank you very much! It turns out that the middle section of the bolt had worn or been machined poorly so the bolt kept rotating when it was supposed to stay in line making it very difficult to open the bolt fully after firing your first round. I had suspected this after much head scratching but your photos confirmed it. 20 mins with the dremmel and a needle file have sorted it. Trigger significantly safer now too via a little more filing for a larger area holding the firing pin back and we're nearly good to go. Liked your review on the gun assuming that some of the pictures match the article I read last week.

All best,

Z.

I'm really glad I was able to help.

It's great to know that you were able to fix the gun and get it shooting again.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Best,

Mr.G.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment.

if you know of any for sale send me a pm, these guns are difficult to get hold of!

Thanks
edd

Yes I have tried them. They seem to have problems with the importer, as in not knowing when any are coming in! Great little gun perfect really as the line of sight is much better than the hushpower barrells, and quietest gun I have ever used

Many Thanks

edd

Hi all! I bought one of these today, based on people's comments (mainly "I sold mine and regret it") and the other reviews I could find online.
Took it down the farmyard this evening for a little test on the rats . . .
WOW! Using it in the barn with some 2" 6s it was OK but when I took it outside the thing was soooo quiet, so I put a couple of Lyavale 3" magnasonics through it and they were virtually as quiet.
It's very light and very pointable and all in all I'm delighted with it.
I can see the local squirrel population suffering some losses this year!

Back