Are you in Kent?

jimbo123p

I was wondering if anyone is near Folkestone. You cn't get further from me. If you are do you know
Christopher Orasinski - C & Shoot - Castelmola , 20 Fremantle Road, Folkestone, Kent.
I have a hankering for a gun he is advertising,
Jim

Yes I know him :rolleyes: Took him under my wing some years back and invited him to Scotland free of charge, as he had never shot a deer in his life!! he tells everyone that he is a professional stalker. Hang on while I pick myself up of the floor through laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Turned out to be one of the few mistakes I made in life. NEVER AGAIN.

A well respected friend of mine who is a gunsmith also has a tale or two.

Last edited:
Dunno if >>this<< works:

Stick the address into Google Maps, get yourself down to street level. There's a couple of fellas fixing a camo'd SJ 4x4.

Wokka wokka indeed.

I was wondering if anyone is near Folkestone. You cn't get further from me. If you are do you know
Christopher Orasinski - C & Shoot - Castelmola , 20 Fremantle Road, Folkestone, Kent.
I have a hankering for a gun he is advertising,
Jim
Jim I have a good friend from kent who deals with Chris on a regular basis he is also an Rfd let me know which gun you want looked at and i will see what he can do for you,I can trust him to give me an honest no holds barred view.

Yes I know him :rolleyes: Took him under my wing some years back and invited him to Scotland free of charge, as he had never shot a deer in his life!! he tells everyone that he is a professional stalker. Hang on while I pick myself up of the floor through laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Turned out to be one of the few mistakes I made in life. NEVER AGAIN.

A well respected friend of mine who is a gunsmith also has a tale or two.

Stories like this always give me a chuckle Malcolm I have listened for years to his ******** of 300yd head shots and shooting every species every sex and litteraly hundreds shot a year,I`ve always been a little envious of the amount of Stalking he tells me he does and the amount of land he has access to but this shines a different light :lol:

He learnt it from someone Jim and learnt it well,maybe the stories around the campfire influenced him but I do hope our Malcolm was not his teacher in this very convincing craft.

Yes yes very funny guys........... If you must know I knew him through the Cinque Ports gun club, which shoot the military ranges in Kent. Chris came across as a reasonable chap, so I invited him up to Scotland with the other lads for a weeks stalking. This was about 12 years ago.

I will not go into great details, but he shot a red hind with me, and later in the week was put with another colleague of mine whilst we tried to ambush a large group of hinds on a 2000ft hill. Unfortunatly he was left on his own for a short while under strict instructions not to shoot any stags or hinds with calves. I was not aware of this at the time, and he shot a stag out of season and then lied and said he had shot nothing. It was onkly after I went back to investigate that I found the dead stag.

I generally give everyone a second chance in life, and a year later he came up again. He was taken out and I think took a Sika. A couple of days later I left the lodge to do some business outside the strath, on my return I could see there was some tension in the house, and I asked where Chris had gone to.

The idiot without being accompanied, and without my authority had taken his rifle and gone out on my lease and to top it off had taken my quad as well. He had no experience of the ground, some 12,500 acres, and had to my knowledge never ridden a quad. He returned well after dark with a dead deer.

Needless to say I was furious!!! that was not the end of it.................. the estate owner with our help had introduced Fallow to the area 2 years before. Under no circumstances were we taking any of these. GUESS WHAT !!! yes ......... the idiot had shot a black Fallow pricket and thought it was a Sika.

He was sent home, and since then I believe his stories have got longer and longer about his stalking and deer management skills.

As I have siad there are other little stories floating about as well. He also tried to lie to one of my African PH friends who phoned me from S Africa, and when I checked the address out he was using his girlfriends address as a cover.

There you go. Needless to say he keeps his distance from me!!

Just another thought which is why it is an edited post. Selling firearms from the boot of a car is not the way to go about business............is it? not saying this is what happened, but am just asking if anyone knows or has heard about any rfd that has tried this approach with clients.

Sikamalc

Last edited:
:eek: Oh my God! What a nightmare stalking guest and what brazen cheek of the fellow. I've had a few rude people out on the hill, which I ignore and anyway usually wears off after a tough walk and long peaty crawl, but that's awful. All the worse because he was a trusted 'friend'.

I bought a rifle off him last year after seeing it on Guntrader. It was a completely normal transaction and the rifle is a good'un.

Last edited:
I bought a CZ 22 off him earlier this year. Rifle was a good price and a fairly normal transaction....... although he does like to talk! ..... a lot!

:eek::eek::eek: Now if anyone was to ask my impression of this fella, i would have said he's a good bloke. I used to live in Essex and did alot of shooting there, in kent and at Bisley. I bought my first rifle from him ages ago and have continued to deal with him.

He's always been fair, went out of his way to ensure a good deal and remembers you. A mate once bought a cheap rifle for only a couple of hundred quid from him which developed a fault. He phoned him and Chris travelled the 60 odd miles to come to his home and pick it up, took it back and fixed it before returning it all without any mention of money or grumbles.

I've bought from him:
- a new steyr ssg69 complete with Kahles 6x42 scope for a £1000 - in steyr box with test calibration card, manual, the lot.
- pristine PH 1200 for £350
- a sweet little mauser 22 semi auto
- i've only just bought a pristine tikka M65 in 25-06 complete with swarovski habicht scope for £650

I don't doubt that everything stated on the thread is true and must admit that i've never discussed stalking nor stalked with him. I'd have done more than exchange words with him if he'd treated my hospitality so badly and been so irresponsible.

What i can say is that he does like to talk but i have never had any reason to fault his service as a gun dealer at all. I've visited his house (the old one in the ropey estate and the newer one) to do business and have been made welcome. If i phoned him tomorrow, i'd only have to mention my name and he'd immediately remember me and each and every gun i've bought from him. He sent my last rifle up to Scotland free of charge and actually posted it up before he received the cheque!

Back