New old marlin??

plonker

Afternoon all,finally managed to pick up this marlin in 30-30.Dont know. Anything about it but think its a 336a as it has a 24" barrel?I know it was made in 1980 but still not definite on model,
so if anyone knows anything about these rifles please jump in and share your wisdom.
thanks
dave

I can't help I'm afraid mate but, if you want it looking at, transfer it to my FAC and I'll have a gander. I'll give it back....promise ;)

Nice rifle that, so much nicer than some synthetic thing. Let us know how you get on when you take her out stalking.

Nice buy! I have an older one in 32 Winchester Special with the 24" barrel and one in 30-30, except the 30-30 has the short magazine and only a 22" barrel (1953 production.) Does that rifle have microgroove rifling??~Muir

Nice buy! I have an older one in 32 Winchester Special with the 24" barrel and one in 30-30, except the 30-30 has the short magazine and only a 22" barrel (1953 production.) Does that rifle have microgroove rifling??~Muir
Not sure muir,only checked the crown:oops:.
dave
Ps sorry jim can't lend it to big boys,my mother told me.:)

Not sure muir,only checked the crown:oops:.
dave
Ps sorry jim can't lend it to big boys,my mother told me.:)

EEK! You didn't look down the barrel???:scared: ;)

Just look at the factory logo on the barrel. Should say (or not) "Micro-Groove" (rifling) Or, if you open the breech and peek down the barrel you'll either see a bunch of rifling grooves, or just six.~Muir

EEK! You didn't look down the barrel???:scared: ;)

Just look at the factory logo on the barrel. Should say (or not) "Micro-Groove" (rifling) Or, if you open the breech and peek down the barrel you'll either see a bunch of rifling grooves, or just six.~Muir
It's got a microgroove bore and looks pretty clean:-| If it don't shoot could always use it as crowbar!
Just need to find a small scope and time to get to the range to shoot it properly.Got some 150gr ppu to try first.
dave

I found this makes it pleasure to shoot - Kick Eez Recoil Pad Grind to Fit 302-8-M-B All Purpose 15/16" Medium Black - Product no. 663654 - from Midway UK.
You can get them in any thickness and very easy to fit, I used the old pad as a template to get it to the rough size.

Afternoon all,finally managed to pick up this marlin in 30-30.Dont know. Anything about it but think its a 336a as it has a 24" barrel?I know it was made in 1980 but still not definite on model,
so if anyone knows anything about these rifles please jump in and share your wisdom.
thanks
dave

Nice rifle , I haven't seen many straight gripped 336's with a 24 inch barrel though , I like it .

AB

Back