Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloooooody elll

Bloooooody elll

I just googled Zeiss V8.
    Look at the ££££££££ on that.

Seriously though,what in hell is the world coming to?
    Is the thing powered by a Rover engine or something.
    I believe in spending as much on the scope as on the rifle,indeed I have used that excuse myself.
    At that sort of money I could have laser eye surgery and buy a good scope with the change.
    Is this scope going to sell in numbers?
    I think somewhere in an advert it said that the Duralyt is now discontinued,well that didn't reign long then.

And I don't consider myself a skinflint owning four Swarovski scopes,bino's. I just think things are going a bit crazy.

SWILLY,S Are doing it for 2 1/2 that's not to bad.

Sub £2100 in the UK, sub £2k from Norway or Germany. And you can get one free with any new Blaser mount! (Joking). But the 20x and the illum ret are notably good.

Zeiss market the V8 as being THE best all round scope for driven, stalking, stand hunting and long range shooting.... "it is always the best choice and provides impressive proof of its superiority" "no other riflescope has ever demonstrated such flexibility and versatility"..... Marketing hype or the best all round scope currently manufactured today?.....perhaps some unbiased testing will tell.

I must confess, I really do like the idea of a relatively compact scope that can do everything, but it does come at a hefty premium. Still, if I won the lottery, I might be tempted! I will be very interested at looking through it at the British shooting show that's for sure.

Its available in 1.8-14 x 50 and 2.8-20 x 56 (both with an illuminated centre dot)
    36mm tube!
    Last edited by paultap; 05-01-2015 at 19:37.

I'm surprised they don't do a higher mag version though
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    Last year I was talking to someone I regard as a discerning judge of optics -he also reviews them in the shooting press, so he sees plenty of high-end stuff- and his verdict on the Z8 (2.8-20 x 56) was simple: "It's perfect".

"I tried to find fault with it," he said, "I really did, but I just couldn't. That was when I realised it was perfect."

It may or may not be perfect, but it's clearly impressive.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Hell of a lot of money for a scope, and as usual in the UK we are having our arses torn out in respect of the price.

I spent quite a considerable amount of time researching top end binoculars, I discovered from a lad on this site that a pair of Leica rangefinder binoculars could be had brand new for £1900.00 from Eastern Europe with next day delivery.

At today's exchange rate that is a clear £600.00 saving over best UK price.

Absolutely ridiculous, someone somewhere is make a lot of loot.
    Last edited by Cadex; 05-01-2015 at 02:34.

With x8 mag they could've done a 4-32 or a 5-40. That would be interesting!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

How about this £500 cheaper and in stock. Never used them but say 3 days delivery.

Zeiss Victory V8 2.8-20x56 T* M rail