reloading 243 with 100 grain bullets

shakey jake

Anybody doing 100 grain home loads in styer SBS prohunter 243 thinking of starting and not sure on design of bullet or powder type . Want to be deer legal but will be doing some foxes. Any help much appreciated thanks
Jake

Anybody doing 100 grain home loads in styer SBS prohunter 243 thinking of starting and not sure on design of bullet or powder type . Want to be deer legal but will be doing some foxes. Any help much appreciated thanks
Jake

Using Viht N16 with sierra 100grn pro hunter. Very good bullet so far.

i use 35gn hodgdon H380 in in my prohunter, with game kings in 100gn. 2750 fps or there about, and so far no issues.

Dave

I recommend ramshot powder. Its double based powder and they have lots of load data. plus its pretty cheap and I find that they list data for pretty quick loads and have a few which will be zipping those 100grainers out at over 3000fps.

i used h414 or varget with 100 gr pro-hunters cci mag primers in my old 19" steyr scout shot sub .5 bug holes 100 yds , but n140 will be a good powder as this is as good as varget a tad faster on the burn chart.

I use 100gr hornady interlock, over 42.6gr of ramshot hunter. Gives me just under 1 inch at 100yds. Its a hot load but under max and no pressure signs erc.

Speer 100 grain with 40.4 grains of reloader 19 is my .243 load, has been for years.
Knocks down everything including big Devon red stags.
Cheers
Richard

Check what you can get locally, having to change load because you cant get the parts could be a real pain.

Thes all look like good loads for fox. Try a good 30 caliber on deer. Might I suggest the 308 or the 300 Savage?

SS

So are you saying the .243 is a good option for fox? Or just girls and children going foxing....?

For men, I would recommend hunting fox with a 223. 308 also works for fox and has the advantage of being a good cross-over for deer as well.

SS

Thes all look like good loads for fox. Try a good 30 caliber on deer. Might I suggest the 308 or the 300 Savage?

SS
thanks a 30 cal would be nice not sure FLO would grant me one just to try and might be cheaper to try home loads first but 300 win mag should just do fox as well so might try

Back