Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalking for soldiers

Stalking for soldiers

Looking to get a few select soldiers away for some cheap stalking and get them in to the sport. This will be for complete novices but with bags of enthusiasm. Possibly a group of 5 or 6. We may get some funding for it but just putting feelers out at the moment to see if there is any available at minimum cost, we do not have rifles or kit but can bring fun and laughter to the party and a willingness to learn. If anyone has any ideas where we can look or can offer anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Dom the best bet would be to phone around your local estates. I'm sure somewhere in your officers mess there is someone who's family owns land that might be willing to help you out

Yes Defence Deer Management have everything you need

Gents, many thanks for the help, I shall extend my lines of enquiry and give them a shout. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    And it won't cost you anything whereas private/commercial stalking isn't cheap.

Got a guy here who is with DDM and yes that's the case, seems to be an exclusive club, I applied to join a few years ago and was told no as i had less than 5 years to serve. C'est la vie.

could you not get all the stalking you could ever want in a warm sandy climate?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    probably be easier to get a personal invite from Harry & Will to join them for a jolly jape at Sandringham!

Give Chris Dalton a bell at South Ayshire stalking,last time I was up he had a group of Army people in doing an introduction to stalking course,think that may have been part funded but don't quote me on it.
    They were Royal Signals and one of the guys was doing a write up for the Wire about their trip.