The Future of Deer Extraction :-)

2 wheel drive! They didn't last very long with the MoD before they were scrapped. For the same money you could get a decent pinzgauer.:thumb:

2 wheel drive! They didn't last very long with the MoD before they were scrapped. For the same money you could get a decent pinzgauer.:thumb:

No they didn't. Unless your deer shoot back you might consider removing all of the heavy ballistic protection which does make a big difference. Simple plant engine means cheap servicing and parts. They are selling for about £5-6k in the tenders I think. For a vehicle which cost the MOD around £100k each it could be seen as a lot of vehicle for the money.

No they didn't. Unless your deer shoot back you might consider removing all of the heavy ballistic protection which does make a big difference. Simple plant engine means cheap servicing and parts. They are selling for about £5-6k in the tenders I think. For a vehicle which cost the MOD around £100k each it could be seen as a lot of vehicle for the money.

I agree, taking the armour off will make it lighter but it won't make it 4wd. They look great on firm ground and I'm sure they are great fun. Have you done any mods to yours like enclose the cab from the elements?

Im not trying to be negative it just seems a little un fit for purpose. Would like to see some pics or a video of yours in action. Everybody loves off roading!:thumb:

The springer is essentially the Tomcar. I have made no modifications to it other than take stuff off of it. I only put this up because the OP refers to a 2 wheel drive vehicle too. I totally accept that people will doubt its offroad ability as a consequence. No axe to grind, totally happy that people should make up their own minds even though most will do it without any personal experience. What I can say is that it will go anywhere that the Kawasaki mule I had would go. Again, this may simply be down to the tyres. It does have the must brilliant of rides and will travel at speed over terrain that no other vehicle I have been in, could achieve. Of course this is what it was originally designed to do.

Thanks for sharing howa243. Looks like fun. I presume yours isn't road legal, you would need a fair trailer to get it about?

Thanks for sharing howa243. Looks like fun. I presume yours isn't road legal, you would need a fair trailer to get it about?

Mine isn't as I have no need but it is easily done. I think witham put one on the road and I understand some recent purchasers have done the same thing.

Back