New chap

Please make a proper introduction, otherwise you may find your being a member short lived.
I will give you 24 hours to attend to it.

Last edited:
And a very warm welcome :eek:
All new members who join are sent a reminder about an appropriate introduction when joining this site, so there is no excuse for not making one. Also it helps us to identify those that may be joining to troll or make issues.

Most new members over the past 6 years of our owning the site manage it, therefore i fail to see why anyone would just put hi all.

All new members who join are sent a reminder about an appropriate introduction when joining this site, so there is no excuse for not making one. Also it helps us to identify those that may be joining to troll or make issues.

Most new members over the past 6 years of our owning the site manage it, therefore i fail to see why anyone would just put hi all.

Was that the reminder though Malcolm? 7 minutes wasn't much time for him to react and get a proper intro up if he'd even seen a reminder.

Clearly there are site rules, but a little leniency is always nice - we all manage to push you and other admins' buttons at some point I'm sure :)

Perhaps he considered that so few members actually bother to respond the intro messages that putting a lot of effort into it would be wasted?

Whatever, it's your train set & you can manage it as you like

Gentlemen, as far as I am aware ALL new members when joining are automatically sent a reminder straight away to make an introduction. Correct me if I am wrong Alex (csl) in which case there is really no excuse for making a luke warm intro.

We keep a watchfull eye on the site, and in general it is trouble free of trolls and people who have no real interest in the site. I will leave it be for a while but without a proper intro it raises my suspicions.

He has been sent a PM requesting a proper introduction.

Last edited:
Ian, What's this ref to 7 mins ?
He had from the time he first saw the site until the time he decided to come on it, maybe a year or so !
certainly more than 7 minutes ;)

PS. Have you been 'you know where' lately ?

Ian, What's this ref to 7 mins ?
He had from the time he first saw the site until the time he decided to come on it, maybe a year or so !
certainly more than 7 minutes ;)

PS. Have you been 'you know where' lately ?

Ah, fair point and well presented... I saw his first post and the time gap to Malcolm's

Cheers
iain

There are no excuses, everyone is provided with the same information at the time of joining, it is all part of the information that is received on joining. So all the whinging and whining in the world will make no difference, the fact is that no attempt was made to make a proper introduction, it is not difficult and helps for the reasons that Malcolm has already outlined. It does not help that we then have to waste time attempting to sort these things out, it just eats into our time, there is more to running this site than just reading posts and chiming in now and again, and if people wants to play the button pressing game then so can we, as already pointed out it is our train set.

John

Back