Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pigs pork bacon & sausages?

Pigs pork bacon & sausages?

All the above has been banned by the Oxford University press from any childrens books and comics... Apparently the images offend our Muslim & Jewish brothers.
    Funny that cos their shops are stuffed with pork and alcohol...

So now I'll have to read my son the story of the Three Little "non-descript porcine creatures" and the Big Bad Wolf?

If they dont like it they should all go home!

double standards and on a massive scale .against my religion ,but theres money in it so ok il sell it.maybe il remember to be offended when my shops shut,oh no im open 24 hours.

Locally a planning application went in from Waitrose for a store behind a mosque in Stirling and the plans were thrown out several times due to the proximity and the selling of non halal and pork and alcohol.
    A smart lawyer eventually pointed out that our Asian brothers sell it in their shops.... happy days, 40 jobs and rates in the council coffers.

Friend of mine in the States had a son in the sandpit. He smoked a load of ribs & pulled pork & packed them into MRE bags to send out to them on the qt..........he said the thought of the Terry Taliban tripping over rib bones that US troops had chucked all over the desert kept him warm at night for weeks

Another thing that made me chuckle was the sight of a Muslim colleague in the cafeteria complaining that his bacon wasn't crispy enough

They aren't the hypocrites. I'm afraid we as a nation have made our own bed by bowing to the whims of others. Simple we should treat others as they would treat us. How many of our overseas workers have to integrate in to there society's observing ther religious and cultural rules without any understanding of ours. At the same time we bend our rules at a whim to make sure we are not seen as being offensive. I am a Christian not a very good one at that. I eat pork drink alcohol and the idea of a women in a burkah offends me as well as posing a threat to security many male terrorists have escaped by donning a Burkha. It truly is time we woke up and stopped allowing hate and violence to be preached on our streets.

Did you read this in the Daily Mail?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    The publications from OUP are sold around the world, so why would you include examples, case studies or stories that people considering buying your books in other countries might take offence at?

“Many of the educational materials we publish in the UK are sold in more than 150 countries, and as such they need to consider a range of cultural differences and sensitivities,” the spokesperson said.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    My wife is currently overseeing the operations and production for every book going to teach english language in every Iraqi school. The company she works for also provide many books for the Middle East english language teaching system.
    The hoops that they have to go through is at times unbelievable so I can understand why OUP has done it. It is merely that they will not have to produce 2x versions.
    Now I'm not saying it's right but from a commerce point of view it makes sense.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama