Coopers of Stortford.

stag1933

I received through the post a catalogue from this firm.
At the top of the front page it states, `Traditional service, great value and fantastic ideas.`
On page 90 a hearing amplifier is advertised at £14.99 plus postage.
I ordered one of these by telephone on the 9th of January paying by card and as it had not arrived by yesterday I gave them a ring on the phone.
The receptionist told me that delivery may take UP TO 28 DAYS.
What is TRADITIONAL about such a disgusting service ?????????????????????.

Beware lest Yee too suffer thus !

HWH.

I received through the post a catalogue from this firm.
At the top of the front page it states, `Traditional service, great value and fantastic ideas.`
On page 90 a hearing amplifier is advertised at £14.99 plus postage.
I ordered one of these by telephone on the 9th of January paying by card and as it had not arrived by yesterday I gave them a ring on the phone.
The receptionist told me that delivery may take UP TO 28 DAYS.
What is TRADITIONAL about such a disgusting service ?????????????????????.

Beware lest Yee too suffer thus !

HWH.

Sounds like the "fantastic idea" is to order back-to-back from China

Before the interweb was invented it used was common to read in adverts for a product,"allow 28 days for delivery".
You would then cut around the dotted lines on the ad in the magazine or newspaper, fill in your details and post it along with your cheque or postal order and wait.
Maybe when they said it was traditional service they were harking back to those days.

Aye, but now it is a crafty move to get an interest free loan. Possibly sensible practice if you can get away with it !
I will NOT be dealing with those pratts again.

HWH.

I was in their shop less than an hour ago, let me know if you want me to pop in.

GH

I have spoken to the shop on their 01279 656551 number. They have item No. C785 [Cat.Page No 90].
They seem to be trying to disassociate themselves from their 0844 482 4400 number and as I paid to those premises I am lumbered with this nonsense.
Thanks for your kind offer but it seems they will be doing it THEIR way at the speed of a senile snail.

Best Regards, HWH.

What is TRADITIONAL about such a disgusting service ?????????????????????

Maybe it's being sent by "traditional" forms of transport? Barge, then carrier's cart, and finally pack man?

Sorry you've had the problem but thank you at least for forewarning others.

I was outside my front door this morning feeding the blackbirds some bread when a small black car stopped beside the pavement and a chap got out carrying a small parcel.
Lo and behold it was a courier with my hearing amplifier.
I signed for it, gave his horse a piece of bread and he galloped off !!!!

They have done better than their projected estimate , perhaps my aggravation by phone helped.
Fortunately I was present to sign for the package or who knows what may have then transpired !

I shall not be using their services again .

HWH.

I shall not be using their services again .

Did the man that delivered it look like this? Is that you package in the black pouch on his saddle?

Lone Ranger Opening Theme - YouTube

I have to say that I try desperately to avoid buying from any company that doesn't use Royal Mail or Parcelforce. As you rightly say if you aren't there who knows what and where the depot is to collect it from.

Last edited:
Aye, a problem made even worse when your transport is like mine, an all-terrain electric scooter.
Faster than a horse and cart though.
I am road taxed and allowed to do 8mph.

HWH.

We rang them up to see if they had a product in. They said yes. Asked them to hold it. Drive 3/4 hour to find it had been out of stick 2 weeks!

£14.99 on loan for 7 days? I doubt they have got rich on the proceeds ;).

It was not the 7 days which worried me, it was the possibility of the 28 DAYS they stated. The carriage was another £4.99 on a small item which could have gone through my letter-box if sent by Royal Mail.

dan71 also has had a bad experience with those plonkers.

Beware all !!!

HWH.

Why do people expect next day service nowadays? Get a life for F's sake.. It's not the end of the world.

Why do people expect next day service nowadays? Get a life for F's sake.. It's not the end of the world.

I agree.. Ive just looked their website up. And it says all goods Normally dispatched within 7 days but please allow up to 28days...

Nutty

I agree.. Ive just looked their website up. And it says all goods Normally dispatched within 7 days but please allow up to 28days...

Nutty

Nuts as usual !
It does not say that on their catalogue which was sent to all and sundry.
Perhaps they have changed their website after this latest kerfuffle.

HWH.

I notice we have resorted to uncalled for comments. I for one agree with Stag, people are quick to take ones hard earned money these days, but not so quick to give the service they claim to give.

It strikes me that if they could deliver it so quickly in the end, why not undertake the service the client expected in the first place??

Either way we do not need childish comments on the site that serve no purpose and only cause friction.

Back