Thoughts on Nosler AccuBond?

felix4247

Evening guys!

I am wanting to start reloading in 30-06 and after opinions on this bullet. Thinking of getting 165 gr as comprimise between 150/180. I am concerned in too much meat damage and hoping that this bonded bullet will reduce that. It will be used for roe/ fallow/ reds.

I would really appreciate your thoughts/ experiences on this before I buy them. If you have a better recommendation then I willing to take them onboard.

Thanks

felix

Accubond is a great bullet, I've been using the 165gr. in my 30-06 and 180gr. in 300win mag for many years and its my main hunting bullet. Very little meat damage and they usually retain about 65-70% of their weight. I also use them in 25-06 and 9.3x62....superb !

I use the 130Gn in the 260, and the 140's & 160's in the 7x57 & 275, reliable and accurate in those rifles, minimal meat damage if properly placed. They work on Roe, Fallow, Sika, Reds and Pigs. Sometimes not easy to track down, Aftab ( Reloading Solutions) usually has them in stock or on back order if not on the shelf.

I use 110gn Accubond in my .25-06Rem. It was finnicky to find the right load and cartridge set up, but I found it two years ago and have been absolutely happy with the performance since. Excellent bullet. I run it at 3120fps MV and although not the same weight you intend to use, I imagine that once you've found the right load, you'll be pleased with downrange performance.
ATB

57.0 gr of IMR-4350, RL-17, or RL-19 in Remington brass, Rem 9.5 primers, 165-gr SST, Sierra GK or Accubond ----> 2,900 fps and small groups. Frankly, the standard 165-gr bullets from Hornady, Remington, Speer and Sierra are so good, and this is a 200+ yard hunting load, you don't usually need to spend the money on premium bullets... only on some of the big, tough game.

Your mileage may vary, as it does from my .30-06s. I get 2,900 fps from a 22-inch SHR 970 for which I load these for a friend, and from my Remington 700 SS, my Steyr M, Steyr 1950 Express, and Tikka T3 Lite. If you only get 2,800 fps with sub MOA accuracy, that is plenty good. This is an accuracy load for me, not heat.

I havent had a 30 06 for 2 to 3 years, I had a tikka 695 continental master, was a great rifle, it had a 600mm barrel on it, ive got some figures recorded but 2900fps doesnt ring a bell, I shot 155gr scenars at 1000yds that were slower than that on vihts max load of n140,49.8grs springs to mind, it shot them well :D

Thanks for the heads up lads!!

I am waiting out now on confirmation of an order of these bullets. Thank you for load recommendation! I will play safe and work up

I reload for a friend's 30-06 using the 150 gr Accubond with N150 for plains game which shoots tight groups. He shot an Nyala with little meat damage and amongst other things a baboon up a rock mountain lasered at 715 yds. At the time he wanted to shoot the 180 gr heads but I was having difficulty with the grouping in the short time he gave me to load develop - he is now sticking with the 150's

Thanks Peter,

i have have heard the 150's tend to be nice and flat shooting but can make a mess the other end ( especially close in). I thought going a little heavier might reduce the chances of it happening. Regards felix

Back