Thread: Hello all from warwickshire

Hello all from warwickshire

Evening all to cut a long story short I'm a keen countryman who main interest are shooting/ hunting, fly fishing, carp fishing, terriers and hopefully deer stalking. I hold my shotgun and firearms certificate currently have 3 shotguns and 3 rifles and a FAC air gun. I recently joined after browsing the forum and finding it very interesting.

Welcome Sidney,from a Northants stalker.Wf1

Hello Sidney. Hope you find some interest on here? What's given you the urge to stalk deer?

Hi wild fowler thanks for your greeting not to far from the northants border myself.

Hello wood master the deer stalking is something me and my brother have been talking about for a while. I'm a keen pigeon, rabbit, and sometimes thin a few of the local foxes out. Deer stalking appeals to me as it sounds a challenge and a different quarry to approach ( especially for the table including my homemade sausage machine ). Just deciding on what calibre rifle to go with mainly for fallow and roe deer. I have a few friends in the local area who have been offering there knowledge. I plan ideally to find some local ish stalking and have a few contacts up in the borders none a them free but I'm expecting to pay from the word go. I take it your a keen stalker as well.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Good luck with deciding the calibre, that may take you along time if you read all that's available. Everyone's got a favourite. There definitely a challenge and one that's well worth the effort. There is some good stalking fairly local (depending on where in Warwickshire you are) and a few guys on here that would be worth a try. And the Borders have some great stalking too so you'll have a great time if you get there. Like you I just had to put my hand in my pocket and pay for days out. Had some good days and some not so good. I have been lucky enough to have the odd invite from guys that I've met with on the way, which is very nice. I could spend a small fortune on stalking to go as often as I'd like, but have to restrain myself. You'll have the same problem once you get the bug. Happy hunting.