Pup's coming on well.........

With a shoot cancelled due to the owner being unwell, I went pigeon flock watching this morning!!

After 1 1/2 hours of trying to split them up, I pulled the plug and headed to a piece of ground which holds a number wild pheasant's, these have done well as I have hammered the foxes.

There were some Muntjac on this ground but the farmer decided to have a contractor mill all the brambles down!!

Very pleased with my spaniel as he retrieved 3 of the 4 I shot to hand, still a number of birds around but if I go again then the hen birds will get a pass....
003_zps57436ce7.jpg

Tim.243

Well done Tim, can't beat a mooch about with a dog. Very satisfying indeed.

Thank you....indeed it was, a couple of lost days this shoot season! They are like deer..it takes a long while for the chance to come around again.
Having been brought up rough shooting a flushed bird is just right....a light load and the don't get knocked about.
The pup is curled up under my feet as I type...

Tim.243

Very satisfying have yr young dog do well I had two pups out today at wf1s shoot and came away pleased we had a lot of dogs out today .your boy looks pleased with himself !
Norma

Very satisfying have yr young dog do well I had two pups out today at wf1s shoot and came away pleased we had a lot of dogs out today .your boy looks pleased with himself !
Norma
You are so right, never had a working dog before so quite a challenge!!
However with a good amount of input from a shooting friend and a lot of work with a few heart stopping moments, he is just right for me....he loves the marsh and a hedge....pigeon hide is working progress..lol

Tim.243

...pigeon hide is working progress..lol

My cocker still hasnt sussed a pigeon hide. Would rather go through it than around it, getting caught in the net and tearing the whole thing down on numerous occasions. Then she looks at me thinking its my fault! Damn dog but its often moments like that thats half the fun!

Back