Kent game fair at kent showground 29 & 30

barry thom

Could anyone tell me what this game fair is like, good, bad or indiferant.
I am going down and would like a rough idea what its like.

Barry

It's on the small side; nothing like a big as the CLA but is getting better every year. I wouldn't travel a long way for it myself but for me it's only half an hour. There should be a BDS stand.

Richard

Thanks Richard. A friend has a stand and im going down to visit, in case you were wondering why i was traveling so far.

Barry

Hi Barry,

I shall be there on the Saturday. Its not a bad little show, mostly in doors and fairly well attended. Its nothing like the major shows in the summer, and as its about the first show of the season tends to encourage people to get out and look around after a long winter. I wouldnt travel miles to go to it, but for folk in Kent and East Sussex its worth a ride out and a walk round.

ATB

Sikamalc

We went and looked, having been invited to have a stand. We ended up doing BASC scurries instead of trading, unless they lower their pitch prices its not worth it. Not enough footfaall to cover the pitch cost. Some brave souls set up outside and of course it hammered down.
This is a sister show of the Bath one in early march. That has a great reputation but agaion is hideously expensive to trade at!

I live relatively near the event and because it is in my County I like to support it.

However, if it rains there are not many options other than to stay in the covered area which is not that large and can be covered quite quickly.

If it is a nice day there are events and more stalls outside which makes the trip worth while but not worth traveling too far a distance as already quoted.

I'm sorry to hear that the trade stalls are so expensive as this will have a major effect on the day and the prices they charge.

I will still be there in March 2011.

Steve.

PC, We had a stand there, and we will not have one this year!. Very expensive and were unlucky with the weather, i think thought there was a good selection of stands and if it had been good weather it would have been good for half a days mooching around.

ATB
Barry

It needs to grow but it wont all the time its held in such a small hall (the other shed is being refurbished and is too far away) and the stand prices need to reflect footfall and takings. I doubt we would have covered our costs so we are happy not to have attended. If the weather is pants it cuts the show right down and even with a good scurry (as was) you need to feel you havent quite seen everything when you leave! The Countryman fairs seem to have the right format but Kent is a bit of a black hole regarding shows. Sussex isnt much better.
The KCS at the same show ground is too big overall but the country sports area too small. Next year promises to be better!

Back