Thread: tikka m65a magazine

tikka m65a magazine

does anyone know of any gunsmith that could make a replacement magazine for a tikka m65a ,any help would be appreciated

Second-hand Tikka M65A - Shooting UK

If you haven't already seen this it's well worth reading. Most people haven't seen the M65A as it wasn't ever on general sale but a few have appeared on the secondhand market.

It's an odd looking hybrid of the M55 & M65, and quite unlike either. The M65A uses the M55 5-shot single stack magazine so this is the one you're after. You'll notice from yours that it's pressed steel and very strong.

The M65 is a longer & stronger action for .30/06 & magnum caridges (+ .308 too!). The M65 stock is broached for a broader magazine well, which is fitted with a 5-shot (or 4-shot magnum) staggered box magazine.

Apologies for the squashed up text. It's the encrypted browser I'm using - not me or the SD site
    Last edited by Sinistral; 18-01-2015 at 21:01.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

You could give Gordon Smith at Colpy Aberdeenshire a bell he might just have what your
    after Tel: 01464 841308

Atb, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

thanks for the response

thanks for the info ,I have now sourced mags in Finland,but will phone Aberdeen as I won't complain if I can get 2
    Last edited by vonclause; 19-01-2015 at 00:09.

Thanks for the acknowledgment as most don't bother.

Post if you have any luck, or not. There've been quite a few posts from owners of early Tikka's looking for spare magazines.

If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

have found a dealer in Finland that does all sorts of magazines ,web address is .he has a shed load of stuff ,

There is a guy I know here in Australia who makes them up to 10 shot that I have seen. Very good work too. I have an M55 17 rem and while looking for mags found his product.

BTW, I am also looking for an M65A rifle in good+ condition if anyone knows of where/who

I just joined so cant PM