New rifle zeroed

ravanelli

Hi SD
Sighted in new 223 HB this weekend. After much deliberation went for 2 inch high @ 100yds. Managed final two groups both 0.8 moa so pleased with that.
Got home and noticed action a little loose in the Bell and Carlson stock. Simply tighten job, but feel as if another zero session might be prudent next weekend.
Any thoughts about the 2" high @ 100yds?
mainly for fox but happy to take on long range corvids if the present themselves.......
cheers

rav

You may have already done this but if you tell me which bullet and velocity I can run it through a ballistic program so you can see what the difference is.

2" high is about a 250 yard zero.

Greener Jim. Many thanks. Just to confirm, I will be using the v max on fox, occasional corvids. Sighting in was completed using Hornady FMJ-BT training ammo, steel case. £17.50 for box of 50

For fox I see nothing wrong with 2" high....presuming you will use it at the increased MPBR it offers. Just means a little bit of hold under at 80-180 yards on corvids and other small stuff.

If you know the trajectory though it's largely irrelevant.
If you need any more charts just PM me and I can do one in 10 yard increments or pretty much any other variable.

Yeah it's was driving me crazy trying to figure out what to do in relation to POA/POI. Soooo much info available online!!! Just want to shoot from 100 out to around 300 and perhaps a bit more at a gong for a laugh. Even though I managed sub MOA in the sighting session, I am not convinced I could hit a crow beyond 200/250....
some clips on YouTube show crows being hit beyond 500!!! Great shooting
any help greatly appreciated...
Rav

Well the old adage of "practice, practice and practice some more" rings very true here. The hardest thing at range isn't drop (that's pretty constant) but wind, now that's a buggerance! Reading wind will get you out there quite nicely.
Try it from as many positions as possible (at paper), if you can keep a rifle steady off sticks or seated then prone becomes the easiest thing in NATO!

After another zero session this weekend because I had a loose action I didn't notice until I got home after the first zero session, all is well!!!
settled for 2" high at 100 yds.
Got a pretty respectable sub moa....
0.7" to be exact. Happy with that!
just been googling stuff.............how much do I want a Nightforce scope lol
rav

Back