Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Drag Sack -Rodp top man

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries

Deer Drag Sack -Rodp top man

Not so long ago I thought I'd be creative and try and make my own deer drag sack. I posted a thread on here and was contacted by Rod (rodp) and he was giving me advice as to what material to use and we discussed a design.

Rod knows his material! and today I received from Rod a drag sack designed and made by him. He did this for me, without me asking and without asking for a penny, including even for posting it to me (I have to admit when I got the package I knew it was going to be good just by how it was sent to me). This was an act of generosity that seems typical of people on this site and I cannot thank enough.

I have attached some pictures to show the finished is nothing like what I would have done myself and is really well made and thought out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0343.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	51980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0344.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	51981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0345.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	305.4 KB 
ID:	51983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0346.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	51984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0347.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	51985

The sack has been designed to create almost a body bag type cavity, the Velcro is heavy duty and is perfectly measured so it fits precisely, designed with cold fingers in mind and to create a sterile environment to transport carcasses in. The buckles are there to again close the sack up again to reduce size and also easy to use if hands are cold and saves faffing with bits of rope or string. The sack material seems very durable, I see it lasting a long time. The straps to drag are strong canvas and measure approx. 250 cm in length and I feel negate the need for any dragging aid. The whole thing is so well made with strong stitching and the thought process has been to create a sack which does everything, and can be put straight into the car or truck too.

I am dead chuffed with this and hopefully will get a chance to test it properly at the weekend.

Rod, I know we spoke earlier, but you need public recognition. Thanks a million.

Cheers Joe Good of you to say so.. Give it a good test and don't hold back on it. If you manage to break it I'll sort it, don't think you will though

Looks a good bit of kit.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    God for a minute there I thought you were so pleased that you'd mounted it on the wall ( photo 4&5 )
    Looks very handy though and well made.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Well done Rod!

Nice one.

I'd be intrested in a price if rodp decided to make some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I'd be intrested in a price if rodp decided to make some more.

Me too. That looks an excellent & practical bit of kit. How about it Rod?

Hi, in answer to the questions. The material is high gloss pvc coated terylene base cloth, one of the better quality materials used for industrial covers.
    And secondly, once Joe has tried to destroy the one he has, and also tested it for ease of use and to make sure it does what it's supposed to do then yes, we will be marketing them.

Due to the extra fittings and work involved it will be slightly more expensive than one I have seen recommended on here, but, you get more for your money. At the moment, assuming all goes well with the one on trial I would suggest a price of app £89.95 + shipping.

For the mods
    I will take out any required membership upgrades before selling on here. At the moment, as you can see, we're running at a loss. Hope this is OK ?

have you tried it yet Joe ?