Cracking weekend on the CWD

IMG_0419[1].JPGIMG_0424[1].JPGIMG_0453[1].jpgIMG_0465[1].jpg

Just like to say a big thanks to Steve Mellors for a great weekend on the Chinese. He kindly invited me and a good friend Ian down for the weekend with him. And as you can see a great time had by all. It was Ian's first time on the Chinese water deer and he shot a left and right which turned out both were gold medal. Lucky B@rst&rd obviously he's not coming again! But cant complain I had a very good gold last year.

Big thanks to Jamie also who put a lot of effort in for us all.

Thanks again to Steve and Ian for a memorable weekend! Hopefully more good times on the pigs later this year!

Pikey

Attachments

• IMG_0451[1].jpg
    IMG_0451[1].jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0453[1].jpg
    IMG_0453[1].jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Excellent work lads. Not being jealous or anything ( maybe a bit! ) but don't you think gold medal CWD are relatively common?

That does qualify as a good day out. Well done.

CWD is the only species I haven't shot. Always look a bit too much like Teddy Bears...until you look at some of those tusks! They are very impressive.

I suppose if you compare it to my twenty years stalking roe and only getting at best a bronze, then yes they are. Still amazing weekend with good friends.

Looks like you had a cracker of a weekend and great result by the end of it. Pity we don't have them up here

Well done......scott

Excellent work lads. Not being jealous or anything ( maybe a bit! ) but don't you think gold medal CWD are relatively common?

Not following your point?

If golds are common then why not shoot a few? Do you class common as two distinct and relatively small areas of the UK with limited stalking?

Not following your point?

If golds are common then why not shoot a few? Do you class common as two distinct and relatively small areas of the UK with limited stalking?
Put it this way, most areas that hold CWD would probably be able to put you onto a gold quite easily I think. I also finished my post hopeing someone would say if I was right or wrong.

Back