Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog stuck in brambles in a pond

Dog stuck in brambles in a pond

Out on my local cock shoot today and all was going well untill my dog tried to retrieve a duck and got in trouble. I cant swim and im so luck friend went in and managed to get her out. She got stuck in brambles overhanging.
    Kirk your a saviour.

I will never be able to thank him enough. I was about to go in myself but he waded in. Luckily it wasnt as deep as we thought. It was just before a break and he managed to get home and changed before the next drive.
    Anyone have any idea what i could buy him as a thankyou present?

if it was me a t3 308 s/h of course, well done to your mate and yourself ,and one lucky dog,doug,

A pair of chest waders
    Well done Kirk

I hate things being left once shot and nearly paid for it! never putting a dog in that situiation again

Something he would not buy for himself, but would love to have(within reasonable monetary limits).

If it was me that had gone in I would be happier if you took swimming lessons, that would be the gift I would want. Not to save me going in again but to save a colleague possibly drowning.

Look him in the eye, & swear your undying thanks for your dogs life, that would be enough for any gent.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I would say the reward of getting the dog out of trouble was more than enough....

You have to do what has to be done at the time....

Sending him some nice words in a card would go a long way, far more personal than buying him something, anyone can do that!

A decent bottle of whisky is warranted, I reckon. Bloody good of the bloke ! Really glad your dog's ok