22 wmr

swarovski

Any thoughts on this calibre, accuracy at 100yds, not sure why but I quite fancy one :lol:, i like rimfires, what can i say :eek:

Love mine.
zero at 100yds

hole on hole if I do my bit
was my urban fox round of choice for the best part of two years

See the info at dauntseyguns about the .22wmr he is quite a fan and has a nice info sheet under winchester_magnum_rimfire. plenty of reviews online and on you tube also. I think in general opinions basically amount to that is is a good alternative for the .17 HMR as it has the same nice flat trajectory. but allegedly less chance on bouncing of bone with the wmr.

The energy figures don't do it justice
Hits much harder on larger game than the faster lighter bullets of the hm2 and hmr

Love mine.
zero at 100yds

hole on hole if I do my bit
was my urban fox round of choice for the best part of two years

+1 - love mine too - 100yds zero bang on with 30g Hornady vmax's with 1" groups or better if I do my bit - will always have one in the cabinet

It starts where the .22 LR leaves off. There are no bad bullets, FMJ, SPT, HP, or polymer tipped zippy Hornady and Remingtons. If you hunt foxes, and call them in, rather than wanting to bang away at 200+ yards, you will love the way a lean WMR will clobber them.

Wonderful cartridge!
I have seven 22WMR's. One is a bolt action pistol that will put all it's shots in a 1" square at 100 yards if I don't screw up. I have found that 22WMR ammo is more consistent, quality wise, than 17HMR. The 30 grain Federal Classic is my favorite from my CZ 452. I've chronographed it at 2350 fps on a summer's day. Shoots fast, hits hard. Even the Federal 40 grain FMJ at 1960 fps will hit with more energy at 200 than a 17HMR. One winter I kept mysrlf alive with a Marlin 783 bolt action in 22WMR. I shot game and shot coyotes for pelt money.~Muir

This is 5 shots at 80 yards from atop a camera tripod. Federal 30 grain Classic/ CZ 452.
CZ22WMR50MFED062RED-1.jpg%7E320x480

I always had decidedly average accuracy from the 40g ish fodder for years so I sold my ruger , missed it and brought another which I had shortened and bedded by riflecraft , I started using the 30-33g zippy stuff and it transformed it into a lovely little flat shooting hard hitting rimfire ! I do wish however that you could get a good 22wmr semi auto ? and I also wish there was a greater choice of ammo , I think a 60-70g subsonic hollow point would be very popular?

CZ makes a really nice semi-auto .22 WMR. Accurate like a bolt action, and a big rifle feel.

The local Scheels in the city has one but despite not being able to provide ammunition for it, they refuse to budge on the price! I'd like it because it takes 452 magazines. I have a beautiful, all steel, Brno 611A autoloading 22WMR made in 1996 that is deadly accurate and smooth to shoot. Like it's offspring, the 512 (?) It feels like a centerfire. Wonderful rifle.~Muir
Brn0611.jpg%7E320x480

The two biggest regrets I have are selling my 222 and my WMR, both CZ American models, both accurate and both missed sorely. I gave some of Muir's WMR's a severe workout and left those nasty 17's festering in the corner :)

John

A .22 WMR revolver will keep you in camp meat, including a deer in a pinch, dispatch a coyote or bobcat you may encounter, and not leave you feeling under-armed in a dark alley.

A .22 WMR revolver will keep you in camp meat, including a deer in a pinch, dispatch a coyote or bobcat you may encounter, and not leave you feeling under-armed in a dark alley.

it might in America but here in England it's just wishful thinking now.............

I just mention the revolver because I have one, as do several friends, and it is an accurate and potent cartridge out of those, as well as from a rifle - so often overlooked and underestimated.

If I don't find a Browning A-Bolt .22 WMR, I might have to buy a CZ. I shoot an old Mossberg .22 WMR. Great fun.

I just mention the revolver because I have one, as do several friends, and it is an accurate and potent cartridge out of those, as well as from a rifle - so often overlooked and underestimated.

If I don't find a Browning A-Bolt .22 WMR, I might have to buy a CZ. I shoot an old Mossberg .22 WMR. Great fun.

I had a lovely little ruger single action with a 22wmr cyl and a 22lr cylinder , really nice little thing to shoot and pointed really well .

has anyone got a sako quad in this calibre ,i am sure i read reports somewhere that this calibre and the quad do not go together well for some reason

I had a lovely little ruger single action with a 22wmr cyl and a 22lr cylinder , really nice little thing to shoot and pointed really well .

I learned to shoot a handgun with a Ruger Single Action .22 LR / .22 WMR, with stag grips, my uncle's handgun.
By the time I was twelve, I had bought a Webley break action with lanyard, for all of $12.50. I now have a S&W .22 WMR, a Model 48. I would like to find a newer model Taurus 941 stainless.

A friend has a Winchester 9422 lever action .22 WMR, and another recently purchased a Henry with octagon barrel, which he loves. I wish Winchester and Marlin would start cranking out some reasonably priced .22 WMR lever action rifles.

has anyone got a sako quad in this calibre ,i am sure i read reports somewhere that this calibre and the quad do not go together well for some reason

I've got the Quad (synthetic) in WMR - no issues whatsoever - probably around 800 rounds through it now (have stuck with the 30g Hornady Varmint Express). Inch groups at a 100 and it hits hard - Quad beats fox, simples

you may be confusing the reports of sticky unfired .22lr rounds with the dual purpose LR/WMR extractor claw
easily worked out

I have the WMR in this exact format (as well as every other format it come in!)
cycles very well
shoots even better

They do a 30gr VMax now
but mine was fed exclusively on 33gr Remington AccuTip
Never lost a fox to it

Will shoot 1/2" groups at 100
Zero check in the dark!
(two shots, adjust and one shot)

Last edited:
Excellent round! I have a Win 9422M and its a great little gun, I always had much more confidence in it over HWR.

regards,

Gixer

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 23
Back