Thread: Bargains to be had if you buy online in the EU zone

Bargains to be had if you buy online in the EU zone

Some of you may be interested in saving 20-25% on equipment such as Thermal Viewers, Scopes, NV and other high-value equipment. In particular products manufactured within the Eurozone are now very good value if purchased from a retailer in the Eurozone. Most have online payment facilities making the process quick and easy, just like buying a product online in the UK.

If you are interested in a Thermal Viewer/Camera this SD thread may be of interest to you: Importing a Thermal viewing device within the EU.

I have purchased my rifle scopes online from the USA for years, and always get a very fast and excellent service, at a discount of 20-30% - even after taking into account Import Duty and Shipping to the UK.
    A recent PM I had from another member of SD showed you can even buy rifles abroad - in his case a Merkel Helix rifles plus spares- and he had them delivered to his UK address, all legally, without using a RFD - saving 2,000 (!) compared to buying from a UK retailer who just wouldn't compromise on the OTT price he was demanding.

I would conclude by suggesting that if you are a professional stalker and use the equipment daily, I recommend you buy it from a UK supplier and have the peace-of-mind of fast back-up and service, but pay way-over the top.
    However, if you are a recreational user and would like to save 20-25% on a piece of kit (scopes, NV, Thermal, Bino's, even rifles!) that costs thousands, contact your retailer and ask for a big discount, quote at what price you can buy it elsewhere, and give them the opportunity to price-match or at least meet you halfway.
    If they are not prepared to price-match or compromise, or don't reply, take your business elsewhere.
    A few wisdom's:
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men
    • If you can get closer, get closer.
    • If you can get more stable, get more stable.

Erik, i looked last week at buying a new Pulsar HD50S and after search i found a company in the Netherlands that sold it 800 less than the cheapest here,
    I was a bit suspicious it was so cheap, so i contacted them and the price was right and it was recorded delivery for 20 euros so i will be ordering one at the end of the month.

Gunner223 can you send me a link to that site...cheers
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....