Thread: Merlyn - Hello

Merlyn - Hello

Can't come up to the standard of the last introduction - TJ - but I've been around the block for a long time.
    Pushing 76 and been shooting just about all of my life.
    12 years in the army then an airline pilot.
    Been a part-time keeper for about 30 years. (Unpaid of course).
    Wildfowling is my favourite sport. Getting a bit old for it now but we have many easy places in East Anglia so I still get out.
    My foxing and general vermin control goes on all year round. I have been running the same small syndicate shoot for 23 years. North Suffolk.
    When I started we never saw a deer. Now we have roe, munties and CWD in ever increasing numbers so got to start control measures. Munties are becoming a real problem.
    Been reading this site for a while now and thought I'd better join - Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi Merlyn, not that far from you in north essex

Lived North Essex 35 years ago. Stamborne near Finchingfield. Liked it better further north. Been in this area ever since.
    If shooting is your passion I reckon Suffolk and Norfolk is where you need to be. Good game, stalking and fowling. Good fresh and seawater fishing.
    People are friendly. Wouldn't leave the area.

It does have a lot going for it, nearly brought house in Stamborne many years ago