Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scope costs v Euro

Scope costs v Euro

Was looking to buy a new Z6i 2-12x50 last December. Called in at the Sportsman Newport, took a look, probably would have bought one but changed my mind when after my interest, staff changed the prices on all the Swarovski items, by not such a small amount. Would have thought that old stock costs should have remained the same until exhausted and not change under your nose.

Anyhow, at that stage the pound was worth 1.25 euros and now it's worth 1.35 euros. Cost of the scope is still showing the higher price at the same shop. I wonder if it's like the cost of fuel?.....goes up quickly when the dollar gets strong but never seems to come down anywhere near as fast.

Just an observation..... Just bought a completely un-associated piece of kit direct from Germany it somthing like 75% of what it would have cost in the UK. Think I'll take a look at what the scope will cost elsewhere.....

Good on ya pal it's just another case of rip off Britain
    All pull together to raise the phoenix from the ashe

Buy from the states there are savings to be made. The price of life in Britain is getting out of hand.

Yep rip off uk.....what store did you deal with in germany m8 ? I dont agree why we should pay over the odds...its pure greed.
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Thats the good thing with the web. Have a look for what you want online and order. Simple. I've ordered stuff from Europe with no problem and saved 100 on a Mauser scope mount, ordered from Germany.

It's like a lot of kit at the moment. Many dealers will have paid for it 6 /12 months ago in Euros / dollars when they were more highly valued and want to recover their monies. Well worth going over to Europe to purchase. Even if you add in cost of travel etc it's often worth it. I am looking at a new paraglider, which are c2,500 to 3,000. If I go over to a dealer in France I can get a weeks flying in Alps and new paraglider for the same amount of money, and because you are on holiday it's holiday money so it doesn't really count.

I saved 120 on a blaser saddle mount and 300 on a Victory V8 last week, ordered from the continent...

The item I bought from Germany was a Kanzle pressure washer, a stalking related item in terms of cleaning off heads, truck and quad. Out of interest, only bought this after being unable to find a bad review. I was a little unsure of delivery after seeing 2 Stihl washers arrive damaged from the UK, but after receiving the Kranzle, there was no need to be unsure, if they dragged it from Germany it would have still been fine, it's that well made and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Many dealers will have paid for it 6 /12 months ago in Euros / dollars when they were more highly valued and want to recover their monies.
    But even more of them will not yet have paid for their stock, they are counting on selling the stock to pay the bill on the never never.