Stalking Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire Area

Deutsch - Drahthaar

Hi All,

I was Just wondering if anyone can share knowledge of any reasonably priced stalking opportunities in these areas,

I spend a lot of time and money traveling to Scotland for my stalking several times a year, this takes quite a bit of planning and to make it worth while i need 3 or 4 days off work, it would be nice to have somewhere local to visit that i could just have a day stalking now and then at the weekend without having take several days off.

Regards

Deer Stalker

I can highly recommend Mr John Robson of Yorkshire deer stalking. I have stalked with him on numerous occasions and have never been disapointed. FM.

Deerstalker

You pick the wrong place to live if you want local stalking,;) There are a few fallow about but getting access to them in very difficult, I know that there are roe deer about Ju 29 of the M1 and Ju 25 but not in big enough numbers to stalk. I have seen Munjac near Mansfield. I moved to Scotland to be near my stalking, however I know somebody that could help you that has stalking in north Derbyshire, it is brought by the day and accompanied, PM me if you are interested.

ATB

Tahr

Thar

We were trying to keep that one quiet. A farmer friend of mine owns some land around the M1 in Derbyshire and is dogged by poachers and dog men. He is doing his best to nurture the Roe that are there, but the word seems to be out. Were trying trying to keep it hush, hush in the hope of building up the numbers. Can you remove the location on your last post, every little helps.

Why remove a post that is only being informative???.........is it suspected that people on this site are going to flock to those areas and wipe out the deer population???

The dog men and poachers know about the deer there already.......as will many other people, So being all ' secret society' about them will not help their numbers build up!!!

There are deer in allsorts of different places in the Notts/derbys area and in varying locations throughout the whole of Yorkshire, and poachers and dog men no doubt have had a stab at them too!
I have one friend who manages a wild fallow population in notts, I know the chap Thar is referring to aswell, i have another friend who manages roe for a farmer near Doncaster, i know of a wild population of Reds not far from Doncaster, The list goes on.........
You only have to look at mammal society or BDS population articles to find where deer populations have been recorded.

This site is here for stalkers and deer enthusiasts.........all information and help is well recieved and well given by a great bunch of folk!.......

In answer to the original post............pm thar.........or contact John Robbo............they will sort you some good stalking.

regards

steve

Hi Sako Hunter

Sounds like the word is out if you are already being hit by poachers and it is a bit late to try and keep it hush hush. One problem you face is that the deer can be seen on occasion from the motorway, so a lot of people will know there location. I would not like to think that any of my posts aid any illegal practices but my view is that the site is a place for all us stalkers and deer enthusiast to share knowledge and experiences, the spread of deer into new areas is of interest to a lot of us.

While I appreciate your concerns perhaps naively I do not share them, if Admin take another view, fine I would respect that.

I wish you all the best in your attempts to build up there numbers.

ATB

Tahr

Please can you send me details if there is stalking in Doncaster. I'm in N Derbyshire and just had a variation through for .243 and just need some experience.

Hi furrybean

i can safely say that there is no actual stalking in Doncaster that caters for guests.....what little stalking there is is done on a private level between landowner and individual.
I can suggest you contact Thar......he's a Derbyshire lad and a mutual aquaintance of ours in that area will be able to sort you out. Or alternatively try John Robinson at yorkshire roe stalking...he's east Yorkshire based and i've heard good reports on her from folk who have been with him.

good luck

steve

Stephen is right.

There are some good herds round here mainly roe with the exception of a large herd of reds, getting to shoot them is another matter though.

We have Roe on the land i shoot but are not allwed to take any at the moment as the owner and i beleive they need to get properly established first.

This dosen't discount the fact that they are getting the S**T shot out of them by others around us - oh well.

Good luck

Steve

Furrybean

Try Mike Dickenson at Brno guns, he has some stalking for Black Fallow in Darley Dale and also some Red Deer Stalking near Leek (Staffs). I have been out with him before and shot Fallow in Derbyshire, his rates are pretty good too. PM me and I will send you his mobile number.

Stephen is right.

There are some good herds round here mainly roe with the exception of a large herd of reds, getting to shoot them is another matter though.

We have Roe on the land i shoot but are not allwed to take any at the moment as the owner and i beleive they need to get properly established first.

This dosen't discount the fact that they are getting the S**T shot out of them by others around us - oh well.

Good luck

Steve

Where abouts are you at Steve ?

I am from the dark side of Yorkshire and can tell you that there is a large population of roe in and around Doncaster, plus some very large reds to the east. A small roe buck had to be shot in a public park actually very near to the town centre a couple of springs ago as the locals were trying to hunt it with a spear!! They are appearing in places i have never seen them before, and a farmer friend of mine who for years has refused me permission to cull on his land because he likes to see them has now become a fully fledged member of the deer management club. I still have not seen any muntjac though allthough I live in hope. FM.

Guys, are these reds your on about on the area thats been stripped of peat ? If so I thought there were only roe in there.

The ones I was thinking about are more to the SE area of Doncaster.....

Fallowmoor which part of Donny are you from ? Good to hear from other stalkers in my area.

PM me if you'd prefer :)

Steve, I am at Auckley mate, near finningley.

:-|Paul (tikka).....you're being a nosey bugger aren't ya!!!!

Next thing you'll be wanting to set up a doncaster and North Notts deer management group!!!!!!!..........HMMMMM:D

The reds in mention are the ones on the moors....they've been there ever since the escapees from the black bull. I don't know if the ones near Conisbrough are still around.....after being hounded by dog men and numpties with crossbows, but the roe are still in the area so i've been told.

Last edited:
Back