CZ 452 American or Varmint?

4535jacks

I have decided to buy a CZ 452 16" barrel .17hmr rifle but I am struggling to decide between the standard American model or the heavier barrelled Varmint.

I intend to use the rifle for a mixture of shooting from my vehicle, walking hedgerows and layed up shooting. I will in time for a bipod. I will it use it for target shooting and will not put too many rounds through it.

Although I have held both models, I haven't been able to hold both at the same time and so I am struggling to compare the weights. Is the varmint version ALOT heavier than the American and would you notice it after a days walking around?

What are people's experiences and opinions of these two rifles?

Gary

mine is the 452 american varmint barrel 16inch ,i think you might be getting confused with the heavy barrel 455 thumbhole ,or the differences in normal sporting/heavy varmint barrels in other c/f rifles ,have a look at this View attachment 52822i got shut of my 455 because it was heavier and more clumsy this ones brilliant

I have the 452[FONT=&amp] American, other than fitting a Rimfire Magic trigger kit I cannot fault it, cracking little rifle.

Cheers
Chris

CZ%20452_zps8hz99er9.jpg

CZ%20452%201_zps206bnamg.jpg

[/FONT]

For your kind of shooting get the 452, only because it's lighter. It's much of a muchness mate, I've had both no difference apart from weight. Both cracking rifles in 22 and 17 hmr,

CZ are cracking work horses and accurate out of the box,

atb

kjf

With 16" barrels how noticeable is the weight differnec between the sporter and varmint barrels, does it significantly shift the weight forward?

the 452 american 16 is varmint barrelled same as chris robs /same as mine, my 14 inch annie is just as heavy and thats only a sporter barrel,get one you will love it, atb doug:thumb:

Last edited:
I thought the american was a sporter and the varmint is hb version, minebis varmint barrel, its my fave rifle and it will shoot very small group's at 60yds

Back