All in one puppy food.....which one?!

bewsher500

Dropped into my local pet "supermarket" and was blown away by the sheer number of foods on offer!!

recently acquired puppy arrived with batteries included, a small supply of the chudleys puppy it had been weaned onto)

question on is as I can't find an obvious chudleys source and am not blown away by the reviews.....what now?

i bought some eukanuba puppy and gradually migrated her onto that but it is leaving her a bit loose.

local vet is trying to sell me purina (among everything else they are trying to sell from car insurance to cheap holiday lets and dodgy DVDs!)

any suggestions/recommendations? (And I know it will depend on what she likes and likes her)

Dr. John's is fairly cheap & comes with different protein content options to allow for different work & energy requirements. Readily available & vat free. I'd have to say that I'd always add wet food/ scraps etc for a bit of interest.

I always use Pro plan. Yep it's expensive, but to my mind it gets them off to a good start. Compared to the price of a pup these days it's small change.
You'd probably find it cheaper on line too.

Any litter I've had, or young dogs I've bought in have been brought up on Beta Puppy. Every single one of them including the two, 4 month old cocker pups I've in the kennels just now have thrived into big, strong healthy pups and gone on to be similarly strong and healthy adults....and almost everywhere stocks it

Dropped into my local pet "supermarket" and was blown away by the sheer number of foods on offer!!

recently acquired puppy arrived with batteries included, a small supply of the chudleys puppy it had been weaned onto)

question on is as I can't find an obvious chudleys source and am not blown away by the reviews.....what now?

i bought some eukanuba puppy and gradually migrated her onto that but it is leaving her a bit loose.

local vet is trying to sell me purina (among everything else they are trying to sell from car insurance to cheap holiday lets and dodgy DVDs!)

any suggestions/recommendations? (And I know it will depend on what she likes and likes her)

Ed, give pets for home and like a miss. Go to Drum feeds at Danderhall they have a great variety and well priced.

Have a look at All About Dog Food.co.uk

It's a good way of comparing foods side by side for nutrition, ingredients, cost, etc. Just have a look and find one that suits your own personal tick boxes.
Second what was said above about shopping around as well, I now buy dog food from a local agri supplier as they have it cheaper than a lot of big name places. No VAT either :cool:

Any litter I've had, or young dogs I've bought in have been brought up on Beta Puppy. Every single one of them including the two, 4 month old cocker pups I've in the kennels just now have thrived into big, strong healthy pups and gone on to be similarly strong and healthy adults....and almost everywhere stocks it

+1, if they don't have it the Beta greyhound stuff is almost identical.

Ed, give pets for home and like a miss. Go to Drum feeds at Danderhall they have a great variety and well priced.

Variety wasn't the issue!
far from it
like the ceral aisle in that scene from the hurt locker!!

every brand you could possibly imagine!
will have a look at dander hall though

some good food for thought .......(see what I did there?!)

+1 for Dr Johns......mine was on Eukanuba as a pup (probably the best start you can give them) but then weaned him onto something with much less protein as he was a bit lairy on high protein food.

Now feed Dr Johns silver (18% protein and £10.49 per 15kg bag) and he loves it and keeps him really firm. Also heard good things about Chapel Farm dog foods....they deliver free of charge if you order 2 X 15kg bags at about £17 a 15kg bag.

Regards, Rob.

we always start our puppies on Royal Canin starter , and wean onto Royal Canin Junior , each puppy leaves with a 20Kg sack

Eukanuba. Eukanuba. Eukanuba . End of !!!!!. If the pup is loose on eukanuba you are feeding it too much of the stuff. Most of the other brands mentioned in this thread have cereals as the main ingredients, no good, especially for pups.

Eukanuba. Eukanuba. Eukanuba . End of !!!!!. If the pup is loose on eukanuba you are feeding it too much of the stuff. Most of the other brands mentioned in this thread have cereals as the main ingredients, no good, especially for pups.

+1 for Eukanuba my FTCH Towyshingle Stella of Danderw was on it, her son FTCH Danderw Druid was feed Eukanuba as a pup they need to be fed the best food available just like a baby.

+1 for Eukanuba my FTCH Towyshingle Stella of Danderw was on it, her son FTCH Danderw Druid was feed Eukanuba as a pup they need to be fed the best food available just like a baby.

Proper cocker royalty those two. Ricky's second run, when he won the championship, and goldstars run when he won the championship are the bed two cocker runs I have ever seen. God they were some animals.

Proper cocker royalty those two. Ricky's second run, when he won the championship, and goldstars run when he won the championship are the bed two cocker runs I have ever seen. God they were some animals.

Yes I was fortunate to have had good lines, something that you wouldnt know that may be of interest to you.

Ian was not the first owner of Ricky I sold him at 8 weeks to a guy called Paul Dyson (if my memory serves me correct Paul lived Yorkshire way) Ian saw the Druid around 9 months old and bought it off Paul. Ian told me that he changed his name to Ricky.

Druid was Stella's third and last litter I had off her.

Tony

Am intrigued why volume would cause diarrhoea?
its not a volume thing though.

am sticking with eukanuba, looseness settled out, suspect change of scene and food

I used Beta Puppy with chicken and have 3 adult Chesapeakes that are in great health and one is Crufts qualified.

Back