Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello :-) introducing me and my jagdterriers

Hello :-) introducing me and my jagdterriers

Hi everyone, my name is Jess and I'm from Cambridgeshire. It's my partner, not me, that does deer stalking. I've stumbled upon this place as our Jagdterrier bitch has just had 7 pups and it seems like there may be some people about who might be interested in them? :-)

If only we were not just a rescue dog jobby!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Welcome Jess!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sorry maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the pups straight away!
    have a look at Simons blog.... Lots of info about him, hunting, working as a forester, and jagdterriers :-)
    Oh bugger now I can't post links! Do a google search for wympole and wratsworth, that will bring up his blog

Hi Jess,

great blog, its really interesting to see what happens on Wimpole. I grew up wandering round the hedgerows and woods of our family farm in Arrington (now sold off) and the parkland and woods of Wimpole. Its great to see active traditional woodland management still taking place and being passed onto others as well. I must come for a walk around the grounds again at some point, as its nearly 14years since I was last there. The photos of the terriers look great in the blog, sadly my border is a bit territorial when it comes to other small dogs! anyway welcome to the forum

Welcome to the site. However I should point out that to use the advertising on this site you need 30 posts to use the classifieds, or pay 10 per month for trade membership.
    Thank you
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Welcome to the site, do try and do things in the right order, there are no shortcuts, honestly

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the site - very nice terriers btw.

Have you ever worked them underground?

Its the other half :-) I haven't technically used them underground but they do go underground. The male dog 'Cory' was imported from Slovakia from Vladimir Hudec and he bred his for wild boar hunting, a smooth coat with a heavy build bred to tackle em' that was nine years ago. I was told they can be a bit of a problem in the home but apart from letting him know who is the alpha male he's been fine (except once when he decided that one of my sheep needed to be put down, never did that again!) I brought him to train and help me follow up wounded deer which he has done especially those muntjac. Most of the time he's out with us in the woods and spends half the time hunting anything but rabbits and voles occupy him most, suppose there are a lot of them. Has had to catch a few foxes that terrorised my chickens though and works along side ferrets. The female 'Missie' is two and a half years old and I imported her from Serbia from the Nemad (Shonski kennels) a much slighter built dog that does go to ground as she is about 15 inches high with a rougher coat. Bloody good hunter and a bit quicker, I sort of brought her to help with the rabbiting and ratting, I am gob smacked at how both of them can sniff rabbits through a foot or more of soil. I have wondered why they are not more popular in the UK as I find them exceedingly good dogs that don't yap, absolutely hate yapping dogs. The other thing that's brilliant is Corys voice, when hunting he sort of has two basic barks one low one high, anything with sharp teeth or is a more serious proposition he will have a deep low bark. Never known that in English dogs. Black lab males and him don't get on though, had a few scraps which I had to separate although the Missie gives him what for, chews his ear off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! funny that. Wouldn't be without a Jagdterrier now.

have got trade membership now - sorry for doing it all wrong