Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Scotland - turnaround time for first application?

Police Scotland - turnaround time for first application?

Just about to drop my FAC application in the post and wondered if anyone has recent experience of how long I should expect things to take. It's Glasgow-area so handled at Pitt Street I presume.

It's taken me ages to get everything lined up for my application so I've no right to be impatient now but just wonder when I might know if I'm able to start shopping!

No experience of Glasgow, but Tayside turned mine around inside 3 weeks
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

My boyfriend applied for his first FAC in mid September...... Been approved etc but still not arrived.

Police Scotland due to restructuring (read budget cuts) are now so understaffed and backlogged, even a 1 for 1 takes 3-4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if you're looking at 6+ months tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if you're looking at 6+ months tbh.
    Bloody hell! Looks like it might be quicker to move to Tayside!!

I had heard this to be honest although was hoping I might have misheard...

More time to save the cash I suppose!

Thanks for the replies.

A few years ago when it was still all seperate depts the L&B firearms boy phoned me about a 1st application SG|C for somone and he sort of said they are generally put to the bottom of the pile as there is no deadline or hurry the same way there is with a renewal

Central Scotland used to give you a call three months ahead but their service has improved greatly since my last renewal and i expect the renewal will have streamlined also. I'm three months away and no word yet
    They are now a pleasure to deal with.

I have just had a variation for a .270 (not a one for one) processed by Central Scotland in under Four weeks.
    no problems. The firearms officer was very helpful. 10 out of 10 For central.

central Scotland Tilly office. renewal from start to finnish 3 weeks, great job.

My mate put his ticket in before Xmas and is still waiting , he has been promised it for this Friday but if it doesn't arrive he will have to wait at least another 2 weeks as the licensing department at Pitt street is moving to an new location at Dalmarnock and will be shut for the 2 weeks , he has been advised to complain and fully intends to do so