Tikka t3 stock

PSE Compostites Etac is a fine aftermarket option for the T3. I'll be getting one for my T3 soon... uploadfromtaptalk1424301825469.jpg

Anyone changed the plastic stock on a t3

The other day I compared the synthetic stock on a CZ to my Tikka Lite and the Tikka felt cheap, nasty and hollow where the CZ felt good and solid. has anyone filled the stock, quick question sorry to OP, not derailing thread.
actually thought about changing to a wooden one as not happy with hollow stock.

regards WB

The T3 Lite stock is actually a notch up in design, material, and molding, from the average injection molded stock. The cross-linked polymer is strong and stiff, and the stock is light like a laid up Kevlar stock. It hard and hollow in the butt, so it has a sound when bumped. That can be fixed with little weight, by cutting some foam rubber and stuffing it in there. And Tikka makes a laminate stock for it, if you prefer that look and feel.

I put a Boyds thumbhole on mine. It required a tiny bit of filler around one of the action screws on the trigger guard but nothing any amateur wouldn't be able to do. A laminate stock from GMK was £275 vs £130 for one delivered from Boyds. Having handled both I don't think the Tikka one is twice as good.

PSE stocks are great. Light strong,stiff anything you want. Edi ( Ejg on here) is a great man to deal with. Buying in Europe also has the benefit of no hidden taxes. I have the hunter on a Rem 700 and saved 300 grams compared to the factory stock. Have a look on the website and speak to the man, a great source of knowledge.

My T3 Varmint shot superbly in a Roedale RCS II. However, I needed that stock for another project but didn't want to go back to the factory synthetic.

I fitted a Boyd's thumb hole laminate stock to mine. About £130 delivered, all-in from US. I bedded it, changed and bedded the bottom metal, too.

Here's the thread

Good value, if you like thumb hole. Needs a cheek pad to get optimal cheek weld.

There are smarter, lighter stocks out there but if budget is tight and you're a tinkerer, the Boyd's is worth considering.

I think Riflecraft are going to be selling a drop-in tactical-style stock for the T3, if that's your thing.

The other day I compared the synthetic stock on a CZ to my Tikka Lite and the Tikka felt cheap, nasty and hollow where the CZ felt good and solid. has anyone filled the stock, quick question sorry to OP, not derailing thread.
actually thought about changing to a wooden one as not happy with hollow stock.

regards WB

what cz was it the varmint / if so i think h&s make those stocks so they will feel soild

Yep changed to a Robertson stock which is far better and also a Roedale RCS11 chassis (very similar to AICS)

Ive put T3's into Robertsons, PSE Composites, Manners, GRS and Joe West laminates, all are substantially better than the cheap nylon "stock" that is distributed by the factory...

Whilst the tikka stock feels a bit plasticky to me it seemed stiffer than the Sako alternative which was a little surprising.

+1 on the PSE offerings

The standard stock is ok but the lack of fill material scares people off, for that reason we seem to replace quite a lot with manner grs Boyds and macmillian stocks to meet the owners preferences.

Whilst the tikka stock feels a bit plasticky to me it seemed stiffer than the Sako alternative which was a little surprising.

+1 on the PSE offerings
I think the t3 stock build wise is stiff and strong but it isnt very nice to look at in comparison with orher aftermarket stocks, I changed mine to a manners t4a which is black, I did want a green one but the last one sold a couple weeks prior :rolleyes:, it is a really nice stock, am well pleased with it, When It marks upi with get it ceracoated :D

Not really ideal for stalking, but AI will be releasing the AT chassis system for the T3 at some point this year. I'm quite excited about that prospect.

Back