Drink?

I`ve got some Damsons in the freezer ... best invest in a bottle of something, what else goes with Damsons apart from Gin?

Sounds lovely. .. I've just polished off a bottle of sloe whisky and it was really nice.
Remarkable! Your typing seems completely unaffected.

I`ve got some Damsons in the freezer ... best invest in a bottle of something, what else goes with Damsons apart from Gin?
Call me old-fashioned, but for me damsons and sloes belong in gin.

However, a pal of mine made some plum rum, and that was tasty. I guess although damson rum doesn't rhyme, the effect might also be pleasant. There's always vodka, of course.

Last edited:
We have a huge amount of plums in the garden. Is plum rum worth the effort, and is there anything else alcoholic that can be done with plums?

We have a huge amount of plums in the garden. Is plum rum worth the effort, and is there anything else alcoholic that can be done with plums?

I make plum brandy. After a year or two the brandy is perfect on a cold winter's day, and the plums are fantastic on ice cream.

No. This will be marmalade, gin and a vanilla pod in a big kilner type jar. Turned upside down each day for a week, then each week for a month, and then left for while.

Not sure about the vanilla pod though - I might end up with vanilla dominating the marmalade and gin.

Hi Basil ,wash n rinse 2lb of Elderberries then place in a jar ,sprinkle 1/2lb of sugar on top and shut the lid .Shake the blases out of the jar till the berries burst and it sort of mixes together then add a bottle of mmm ,mines Bruchladdich rocks.Shake it up thoroughly and put it at the back of a dark cupboard.Once a week shake it till the sugar dissolves ,then once a month till ready to try :drool:.If not sweet enough add some more sugar too taste and repeat till dissolved.To drink lock the door:-| and open your favourite book ,something the length of War and Peace or the Lord of the Rings should suffice :tiphat:

Damson and Sloe Gin, Damson Vodka is also very nice.
You definitely can't beat homemade - whatever it is?.....

Back