Sharpening knife

Boarboy

I have one of those cheap orange bushwear knifes (stainless), and I can't for the life of me get it sharp again. I use coarse and fine wet stones. Either it's my bad sharpening skills! Or is this normal for these knives?

How much have you worked it on the stones? Is it an old knife thats had a lot of wear or is it your first attempt at sharpening it?

Without being rude, my advice would be to get someone who is skilled at sharpening to show you how to do it properly, as sharpening anything is .just that a skill and needs practice
I have the same knife as you and it comes up like a razor. Perhaps nearly thirty years on the tools as a carpenter sharpening chisels, etc helps
It's all about grinding and honing angles and keeping them true.
Hope you get sorted
NH!

Without being rude, my advice would be to get someone who is skilled at sharpening to show you how to do it properly, as sharpening anything is .just that a skill and needs practice
I have the same knife as you and it comes up like a razor. Perhaps nearly thirty years on the tools as a carpenter sharpening chisels, etc helps
It's all about grinding and honing angles and keeping them true.
Hope you get sorted
NH!

Ok. No problem NH. I will pm you for some advice. Thanks.

Back